Here Comes Trouble part 4 finale

Chapter 19

Warning: you will no longer like Adrien any more in the next few chapters you will hate him you're probably not want to watch miraculous anymore because of him but I have warned you now onto the story.

He clicked his tongue.

“Let’s go yell at Rossi for now.”

Marinette perked up.

“Sounds good to me. Oh! Speaking of the devil.”

They had arrived at the classroom, where Lila was currently surrounded by their classmates.

“…really, it‘s no big deal.”, insisted Lila with feigned humility, looking as uncomfortable as her acting skills allowed. Marinette knew instantly this was bad.

“Oh, hey guys.”, the liar added as she saw them.

“You have some nerves to just-“, Felix began, but Alya interrupted him.

“Oh, shut up Frosty, Lila’s trying to explain.”

Felix’s eyes narrowed.

“Explain what? How she got my address, my mother’s contact, or the idea she could manipulate her way into my privacy?!”

“You ungrateful little-“

“Alya!”, Lila stopped her, crocodile tears in her eyes. “Please, it’s not his fault.”

“My fault?!”

Marinette stood back, trying to comprehend what was going on. Lila hurried to deliver.

“I was on my way to an important meeting when I walked past your house, Felix, and saw you and Marinette go in. I would’ve said hello, but I was already late. Nino saw me just before, right?”

“Uh, yeah!”, Nino confirmed, surprised to be dragged into this mess. “Yeah, she was in a hurry.”

“So when the meeting was over, I remembered that we still don’t know who stole your book last week. I thought since we had such a bad start maybe I could surprise you by helping you investigate, and was asking your mother if she would help me to watch out for you a little.”

A hint of a grin danced over her face before her exasperated expression returned.

“If I had known you didn’t tell your mother about the incident to protect the thief,” she said sickly-sweet, “I wouldn’t have involved her, of course.”

Felix froze. His eyebrows twitched and he looked at Lila like he was about to throw hands. But the twitch in his wrists and his defensive stance betrayed his emotions to Marinette.

He felt helpless.

For someone that was used to straightforward and blunt words, Lila’s evasive lies were more than frustrating. Anger welled up in Marinette.

This girl just didn’t know when to stop. Felix’s poetry might be his greatest passion, but his relationship with his mother was sacred to him.

And Lila, the girl that couldn’t think beyond her own selfish desires, wanted to use that. To harm that.

Marinette straightened. She’d apologize to Adrien later, but there was no way she’d leave Felix alone in this now!

“You’re making no sense!”, Marinette threw her promise to Adrien into the void. “Then when did you call his mother? Where did you even get her number? And why would Felix want to “protect the thief”?!”