~Chapter 8: Our L'manburg~

It was half into the next day when Philza could see the rooftops of wooden and stone buildings. The flags of the land bellowing in the midday breeze that was much much warmer than the air where Techno lived. As he took a step onto the wooden path, passing businesses, the church, and slightly larger homes, Philza took in the land that always felt far from home to him. He missed when he and his sons lived in their small ranch style home out in what was the middle of nowhere.

There wasn't fear, there wasn't drama, there was sadness in the memories that their old house held but it wasn't the same sadness Philza felt when he laid his eyes upon the land he now walked on. The scars of war, loss beyond any word imaginable, and the sins on Philza's shoulders that weighed him further and further down. Staying with Techno was never a bother to him because he would prefer being anywhere else than he was right now.

While Philza could understand that Techno needed the support since his own life was full of more sorrows than anything else, but no one could see that Philza needed Techno just as much as Techno needed him. Philza was a father, a husband, but one by one he felt like all of them were starting to vanish before him. His own son... His flesh and blood. His wife's first joy and the boy that they had.

He was supposed to protect him. He promised her, and he remembered that promise well. Time had slowed down for Philza at that moment many many years ago. Her smooth pale skin almost paperwhite, and her beautiful silver eyes dull and lost. He stayed by her bedside until her final breath and when she left, his world grew so much darker. She was his light, and together they had settled down in which Philza thought would be a perfect life. Sadly the world never had those plans for him.

This world took everything from a man who only knew how to give... Though it acted as if he committed a sin he could never repent for. Whatever the universe had against him, he didn't care... But he only wished that it didn't hurt those he loved the most. It could have taken him, but never did it. He feared who he would lose next.

It wasn't long until Philza reached the center of the town where some of the smaller and more grouped together homes were, but they did earn a lovely view of the town's center. People sat and chatted, merchants moved around though a group caught Philza's eye and he had caught theirs. In front was a young boy, maybe only sixteen but the suit he wore showed off his importance. His hair was a light brown and his eyes a sweet blue. Beside him was a slightly older boy with darker hair and a more casual style, on top of his head was a loosely knit beanie. Lastly, there was a much younger boy with reddish hair and a fox-like face pairing well with a pair of fox ears on his head.

The youngest boy in the suit landed his eyes on Philza entering the town's center which caused his face to light up with joy.

"Philza! There you are!" He exclaimed while rushing up to the older angelic man. A warm smile crossed Philza's face as he let the negative thoughts of the past disappear in the meantime.

"Hey, Tubbo. How have you been holding up here bud? It seems that everything must be fine with a look like that on your face," Philza commented as he tousled the hair on the young boy's head. This was the boy that many years ago he knew needed a safe place to live, so Philza took him in and treated him as his own son amongst the others within his home. When things settled here in L'manburg and peace finally came, it wasn't surprising that the young boy with a kind and caring personality and a natural leader0like instinct would be given the title president. Philza's gaze then shifted to the fox boy with a warm smile when he had greeted his adopted son well enough.

"How are you doing Fundy? You're not going to greet your grandpop on your own?" The fox boy's ears perked up when his grandfather called his name and the tail he had swayed at a slightly faster pace. Without a single bit of hesitation, he then leaped and hugged Philza. It made the older man smile fondly as he could see how much this boy was much like his father... Wilbur... If only he was around to watch his own boy grow up now.