~Chapter 23: Surprise Visit~

Techno and Tommy's departure left Y/n with the feeling of a bit of freedom. A few days to not be babied or worried over. She could think aloud and speak freely about the thoughts that deep down troubled her. Like the dreams, she had only been experiencing more and more of her old self before whatever incident rendered her a completely blank slate. Those where she would find herself walking the old cobbled streets of the nation she once knew... The same nation that would burn, be rebuilt, and then try to slaughter and imprison those who helped her in her greatest times of need. L'manburg.

Y/n's latest dream left her seeing the town's center at the dead of night, the sky slightly clouded over due to a slight drizzle that poured down... It was as if she could feel it on her skin, and smell it in the air. The rain smelled like the thought of spring as it kissed her skin and dampened her and the figure beside her. Both Y/n, though by now, they were practically complete strangers to the other. Neither spoke, as Y/n herself knew this was simply a dream. A memory gifted back to her by some higher force or her mind naturally opening back up after her injuries were fading away like a horrid snowstorm.

The hooded figure, shrouded in darkness with cold-set eyes and a stone-cold face stood in the rain openly. Letting it bounce off and roll down the folds of her cloak as she saw the stage in front of them both decorated with care and passion. The image of a dark-haired male, with horns, like that of a ram and a weak amount of stubble, remained safe by the stage's awning and the hooded Y/n spoke to herself.

"So he won... What a shock. I suppose they weren't lying when they said they wanted him too. I'm just pleased that this festival could be the start of something new, something beautiful." She reached her hand out- it was the left hand. There was no sling holding her arm back, no bandage keeping it firmly in place. It was free... All of this woman screamed freedom. Though what it lacked... Was care, and trust. But why?

"You want me to watch? Fine... I'll watch. I don't know your plans, though you always seem to get away with telling me to do what you want." She dropped her hand and her eyes lifted. Y/n began to feel as if they were no longer alone... Was she speaking to someone else? She had to be, but who? "Perhaps it's your way with words, or perhaps your natural leadership skills. Oh, wait... It's your bullshit, never mind." She scoffed, never turning around but it was clear how she was listening. Soon, even Y/n began to pick up the sound of a distant male's voice. Muffled by the sound of rain and a slight ringing, though she began to pick up on a few words.

"Y... ob isn... over." He said.

"What was that buddy boy? I could barely hear you." The hooded figure of Y/n taunted. Y/n even began to hear his impending footsteps approach closer to the two of them, and soon the voice came clear. Striking her heart before she could turn around herself to see, the voice was calm and confident... No drastic shape in tone as she could hear the smile in his voice as he repeated.

"Your job isn't over, Y/n."

****

The sound of thumping alerted Y/n, waking her right after hearing the male's voice. Though like the last dream, her grip on it was gone. She could recall the grand details, but thinking of much else left her with nothing but an empty page. The door from downstairs could be heard opening rapidly before being shut with force, and Y/n's instinct told her that an intruder just broke in. At this time of day as well? By this time, Tommy and Techno had been away for two full days, this being the dawn of the third. They had to be returning from their travels soon, right? Though would they have entered in such a fuss? She didn't think so, so she leapt up and grabbed the staff she had as her only form of walking for some time and now as her only seen way of protection.