~Chapter 16: Just The Truth~

Y/n followed where she had last seen Techno run off to, her heart beating wildly and her arms and legs weak not just from her injuries but from almost watching this man die. The same man who read to her and while they started off on the wrong foot, he had treated her as nothing less than kind. She had no answers, and just like when she woke up without a single trace of her memories... She once again felt lost and helpless. Though she no longer could sit idly and let Philza tell her that everything would be fine, and she could no longer tolerate Techno brushing off her questions either.

Her path to finding Techno led her down a set of stairs slightly underground to a little out-cove where two voices bounced off the walls. One she could distinctly hear yet was slightly muffled, and the other was one that she couldn't truly pinpoint but the one she could hear clear as day was Techno's voice. Y/n rushed in further, unable to truly sprint due to the feeling in her legs and her knees coming back, it was clear how she was overworking herself in her current state.

"Techno!" She called out as she came into an opening, a carved-out room that was clearly man-made. Techno stood with his back to Y/n until she called his name and there he was still trying to remove the muzzle buckled onto his face.

"Y/n?" He questioned softly, his eyes becoming alive with shock as Y/n wasted no time approaching him and forcing him to bend down to her level so she could help him the best she could.

"I couldn't let you run off like that without knowing you were okay." She excused as she successfully got the muzzle undone and Techno breathed a sigh of relief that it was off. That relief lasted a mere moment before he stood back up and looked down to her with a stern gaze.

"You shouldn't be here! Why are you even in L'manburg, why aren't you back home?"

"Philza brought me with him, he had snuck back and I saw him while you and those men were fighting. I rushed out to him and by the time he and I got to have a few words, you were being led away with your hands tied. So Philza had brought me the medicine I needed and we followed along. He had to get back here before they did anyway or he would be in even more serious trouble." The woman explained as Techno went out of his way to feel her forehead and check to see if she was truly in better shape than when he last saw her. When his evaluation was complete he glanced from where she came and back to where he was facing. There, his horse stood patiently and a long tunnel that was hard to see down. Nothing else... Who was he talking to then, or at least trying to with the muzzle on?

"Look, we need to get out of here. If you're here now that's fine, but we cannot wait around. We are in a severely dangerous situation..."

"You haven't even told me anything about this situation! Techno... I-" Y/n was stopped abruptly as Techno gripped her shoulders, his hair barely lasting in the ponytail it was tied into as strands of pink locks fell in front of his face as he stared intently down at the girl who fell silent in a moment. His eyes weren't angered, but more so held a silent sense of begging. The tension between the two was heavy as they held eye contact, but Y/n still stood her ground despite the height difference and the lingering intimidation.

"Y/n, please... I'll tell you everything once we get out of here alive. Though right now this isn't the pla-" Techno's ears twitched at the sound of footsteps coming into the man-made out cove they were in and he wasted no time pulling Y/n to stand behind him just as an exhausted Quackity busted into the opening and saw them both.

"What the Hell are you doing here?" He asked Techno, glancing at Y/n with confusion as to where she had come from especially with how her one arm was still in a slung and her head still bandaged. It was less than before, but it was enough for a normal to notice if her hair didn't cover it all the time. Techno nudged Y/n towards the hallway with the horse and grabbed for the only item nearby to use as a weapon. A pickaxe...