Seventeen

Remember when I mentioned that a month had past. It's been a year now.
You want to know how I'm doing?
Oh. I don't remember the last time I knew how I was doing.
I stopped knowing. I stopped caring. I stopped feeling.
It's like all my emotions just turned off. I lost touch of reality. I guess that's all I ever really needed.
I needed to know what reality was like. Because I forgot. I forgot everything. Everyday I just lost apart of myself like I wasn't me in my own body.
I became cold. I would look at myself in the glass and I couldn't recognize myself.
I remember Jason coming down and trying to help me remember what reality was. He tried helping me but in his heart he knew he broke me. He couldn't face me anymore when coming downstairs.
I still had apart of me left though. I knew I did. Because whenever I closed my eyes I would see Jacob and I wouldn't be with him but I would see him happy. And I guess you could see that's what kept me going for all these months.
"Crystal." I hear Jason say interrupting me from my thoughts.
I look up at him and see that he was carrying a cake.
"Happy birthday." He says as he teleports the cake into the glass room.
I grab the cake and throw it at the glass and turn around.
Jason doesn't say anything but heads upstairs closing the door behind him.
I look at the cake on the floor. It was my 17th birthday today.
I'm not staying her any longer. I was so tired of being treated like a animal.
I slowly go up to the glass. I put my finger tapping on it gently.
I gently blow pink flames out of my breathe into the glass I was tapping in.
The whole glass room starts to set on fire with pink flames. It was stronger then it has ever been.
"AHHHHHHH!!" I scream louder then I have ever done before.
The magic in the glass just completely vanished.
The glass shatters down.
I slowly look up knowing I was free.
"I'm coming for you Jason." I say smiling.
*with Jason*
Today was crystal's birthday. It was a year since she has been down there.
I knew she was never getting better.
"Jason." A guard says approaching Jason.
"Yes?" I say.
"You have a visitor." The guard says moving to the side and as she did there stood Jacob.
"Jacob?" I say shocked and confused.
"Hey Jason. long time no see." Jacob says awkwardly.
"Jacob you shouldn't be here." I say walking away.
"Jason wait! I came for Crystals birthday." I say approaching Jason.
"She isn't here anymore. Didn't you hear? She went missing a year ago." Jason says sighing.
"What? No. Where were you?! I thought you were going to protect her!" I yell. I was happy and having a blast. And knowing Crystal was somewhere hurt and missing broke me.
"Go home." Jason says.
"Jacob." We hear a voice say.
We both turn around and there stood Crystal.
"Crystal! Oh my gosh!" Jacob says shocked running into her arms.
Crystal looks at me smiling with evil in her eyes.
"Where have you been?! I thought you went missing?!" Jacob says looking shocked.
"I-
"Jacob maybe you should give her some space she must be shaken up." Jason replies.
"Yeah. Of course." He says backing away.
"Here I'll take her to her room." Jason says approaching me.
I back away frightened. "No. Jacob stay with me." I say taking his arm.
I look at Jason and see how Crystal was frightened.
"Did you hurt her?" Jacob says looking at Jason.
"Jacob please let's just go." I say taking his hand and leading him away from Jason.
I lead him to my room as he kept asking questions but I didn't feel safe saying everything that happened in the open.
I open the door into my room and lead him in.
"Crystal what's going on? Where were you?! I didn't know you went missing!" Jacob says concerned.
"Jacob I have to get out of here I can't stay here anymore." I say looking at him.
"What do you mean? Did someone hurt you?" Jacob says as he approaches.
"No please stop." I say backing away.
"Crystal what's going on." Jason says knowing he shouldn't have left me.
"I can't be near you I'm scared to hurt you." I say as tears fell down my face. "He told me I could hurt someone and I can't let that someone be you. Just please get me out of here." I say scared.
"Who told you that?" Jacob says.
But before I could tell him anything the door barges open and guards come rushing in towards me.
"Hey what are you doing!!!" Jacob yells.
They push him away and grab me by the arm and put a needle in my arm.
"Let her go!!" Jacob yells.
"Jacob!!" I scream. I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded.
I look up and see Jason standing there.
"Jason what are you doing!" Jacob yells.
"Ahhhh!!!" I scream as the guards get pushed back.
I try crawling away when I fell to the floor but it was useless. I ended up falling out and I just remember Jacob yelling at Jason.
What felt like hours went by. I woke up and found myself back into a glass room.
I look up and see Jason standing there.
"Jason let me out." I say standing up mumbling my words.
"Crystal I'm sorry this is for the best." He says.
"What are you doing?" I say pushing myself against the glass wall.
"Soon it'll start to get harder to breathe. The air vents will start to close up and you'll slowly die."  Jason says to me.
I look up and notice the air vents were slowly closing.
"In a few hours you won't be able to breathe." Jason says looking at me.
"Jason don't do this!!" I say falling to the floor feeling weak already.
"Goodbye Crystal." Jason says to me.
Jason looks to the side of him like he was talking to someone but no one was there and replies.
"I know." And leaves the room.
Jason heads upstairs locking the door shut.
Out of nowhere Jacob punches Jason.
"What the hell?!" Jason yells.
"What do you think your doing!!" Jacob shouts.
"She is not okay Jacob I've been protecting her!" Jason shouts back.
"By what?! Locking her up?!" Jacob yells approaching the door but Jason pulls out his magic gun at Jacob.
"Jacob you better get the hell out of the castle by today or I will go and kill Sally. Don't you have a girlfriend to go home to? Do you really think Crystal needs to hear that you've moved on?" Jason says moving the gun away from me.
"Go home. Let me deal with this." Jason says looking at me.
I look at the door one last time wanting to just barge in to help Crystal but I knew I couldn't. I needed help. I knew what I had to do.
I turn around not even looking at Jason and I walk away.
________________________________