CHAPTER 4

It was one year and two months since I started working at Lakeview resort, it was the right time for me to take my yearly leave. Advantages of a leave are that you stay home for a month and still get paid, it also has other benefits like allowances. I had no plan on how to spend the month I just wanted a break, some time off from work and the people, I hoped that, the time out would help me figure out who I really wanted to be with, was it Phin or Phil.
I didn't tell either if them that I was leaving that Friday, I wasn't planning on telling them unless they asked me. It had become a routine for me to see them daily and talk to them later on through the phone, how would I survive this well, it was going to be a very long month.
I had decided to go to my parents home, as the night fell I went straight to bed for I didn't have an explanation to her that I was still single and not read to mingle, I took my phone plugged in the earphones and laid on the bed, this would be a very long first night.
My phone buzzed with a message notification, I hurriedly unlocked it and smiled at the message notification.
'Where are you?' Phin
I relaxed comfortably on the bed ready to chat with this prince charming.
'I am home.' I replied
'you didn't even tell me that you were leaving,' Phin
'I am sorry, about that, I was abit busy today and I never saw you.' I partly told a lie
'its alright, when are you coming back?'- Phin
'After a month'- Joy
'What?? Are you even serious how will I survive without seeing you over here, I already miss you as it is.'- Phin
'I also miss you alot' -Joy
The conversation went on for sometime and I was already dizzy when Phil called, this was getting interesting, I received the call through  the earphones, and continued chatting with Phin. I missed them both.
I was carried away to the dream land leaving my men talking to themselves.
"Look Joy, I know that you are older than I am, but age is just a number, I am in love with you  and I wanna make you the mother of my children someday, I know we can work it out just say yes and I will stay loyal to you. I love you Joy." Phin told me as he held my hands, I didn't have any reply in my mind but I tried opening my mouth to say something while I heard Phil speaking from behind us, we both turned to look at him. "What about me Joy? I love you and you know that we have come from far, we have a history, you didn't like me before and here we are in love why would you let Phin ruin whatever we have been building, come to me my love lets build our future together, you don't have to ever work again, I promise to always provide for you, everything you need my love, it will be there I can make it happen, I just can't leave without you "
What had I done? Why was I doing this? At this moment all I wanted to do was run, I wished that the earth would open up and swallow me, I whispered a prayer to God asking him to send me a windmill and I would escape from this mess. But none if that happened, That was when I heard my mother calling, I wanted to run to her and thank her for saving me but as I lifted my leg to step forward it felt like it was glued, I tried answering to moms voice but my voice betrayed me, I wouldn't understand what was happening to me, was I in love with the two men infront of me? No no no no I shook my head vigorously trying to let the thought slip away, "Joy unless you are planning to sleep for twenty four hours of you should wake up now, its already noon tell me what will you have breakfast or lunch?" I woke up only to find my mother complaining about my sleep.
I felt relieved once I realized that I was dreaming, "why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked in between the yawns.
"What for you need to rest, but you also need to eat and walk around, resting doesn't necessarily mean sleeping," she said smiling.
We love to laugh and smile, I remember when I was in high school my friends would always enjoy how I laughed at old jokes alone and sometimes at no joke, some called me sane, this was one character that Phin loved about me. He had given me a nickname 'Makena' he loved that he made me happy. On the other hand Phil would always make fun of me whenever I was moody just to make me laugh, it was my second day at home and all that I was thinking about was about this two men who always ended my days at Lakeview on a good note, how was I going to survive twenty eight more days without them?