CHAPTER 14

I opened my eyes in hope of finding myself in bed only to realize that that was just a dream, but no I found myself still in his arms.
I pulled away expecting that he would let go, but he didn't he brought his hands to cup my cheeks, "Its alright Joy, I am sorry for making things more complicated. I will not ask you to love me or be with me and forget them that would be selfish, we are all friends and real friends are hard to find, at least I have found them and I want to keep them". He said. I felt relieved at least I wouldn't have to worry about hurting him, he had his decision.
"Thank you Mister play boy" I said to him almost in a smile.
"Don't call me that am the best man you can ever find." He responded smiling I was happy that the environment had changed and we were back to our usual friendship nature.
We sat there and started talking about alot of things he mentioned about how he had made new discoveries about Alice and that they could never work it out, they were too different. It was almost dawn we had talked about our past relationships and our future hopes avoiding any topics that included my triangle. We stood as we bid each other goodbye and he set off to his home. I took a quick shower and headed to the resort, it was still early but I wouldn't risk sleeping. I called Phin expecting  to wake him up but he was already awake.
"I called to say that I love you," I said over the  phone I already missed him, he promised to come and see me that morning which he did and sure enough my day was full of luck, he was my lucky charm.
What was I doing? I asked myself this triangle was overwhelming, I needed a change.
A week had passed and my meetings with Phin were no frequent, I wondered if Melvin had told him about our small encounter or he had realized about Phil, I tried pushing for a meeting but he seemed too busy for me.
He came one afternoon and asked me what I was complaining about, I was upset why had he been avoiding me? Was he avoiding me? Was he like the other guys who are always after sex? That was what I was thinking about, I said to him that I wasn't complaining, he stood there looking at me as if searching for any kind of clue on what I was thinking. I grabbed my phone and sent him a text without thinking. 'Can we break up?' I saw him read it then he said to me not to text him again whatever I wanted to say to him I would say it to his face, my heart sunk in pain. I didn't live Phil I loved Phin. I had always loved him maybe I just wanted to convert myself otherwise. What had I done? He stood for more than 20 minutes untill Beth offered him a seat, that was when he object to sit down and bid me goodbye. I wanted to run after him but I couldn't. I had hurt him once again.