CHAPTER 13

Our deal with Melvin had gone as planned, Alice had given Melvin her number, it was now the play boys turn to play his cards well, I on the other side wouldn't stop praising Melvin in front of Alice. Melvin had the looks not alot of girls would say to him, his body is a killer, blessed with the height well he is one of those we call fall dark and handsome, I once had a crush on him briefly untill I learnt that he was a few years younger than I am and his ex girlfriend was kind of my friend not that that would have stopped me but. I had enough dramas with my life having a crush on someone else was a nightmare. Days later Alice was in it, the charm was already working with her, at Lakeview it was no longer about Phin and Joy but Melvin and Alice. I had discovered that Alice was falling for Melvin whenever she wouldn't stop talking about him. Melvin this, Melvin that untill Beth got fed up with it and told Alice that Melvin was not an angel he was just like any other guy, she also mentioned about her ex how much they loved each other but they still ended it. Beth's words had hurt Alice but I, Joy being the doctor love reminded her that we all have a past, and even she had an ex. I guess I also had a charm of my own since she agreed with me and decided that Beth was just jealous of what they were building.
It was almost midnight, for the past few days we had made it a habit to chat till midnight with Melvin, the stories we had didn't seem to end, one hour, two hours passed we were still sunk in a conversation talking about everything and randomly Melvin said that he was coming over, I didn't think he would dare knowing that I was in love with two of his friends, but it wasn't a joke with him, he had come, I can recall how I joked with him turning the balcony lights on then off, so I would be sure if he really was outside as he stated and sure enough he was.
"Why did you come?" I asked him as I approached where he was standing,
" I came to see you." He responded.
"I didn't remember asking you to." I said as I stood next to him.
He grabbed my hand and dragged me in his arms for a hug and whispered to my ears, "You did not object when I said that I would come." His actions confused me what was this guy up to? I pulled away from him and he let me go without any objections. "That was because I thought you were joking its 2am and there is curfew. I didn't think you were serious." I said trying to emphasize on the time. He did not look suprised or shocked he just stood there looking cute as ever. He then walked closer to me I took a step back but he didn't stop, it went on like this untill I hit the fence and I knew I wouldn't walk any further, he stretched his hands and held the brick walls so I was trapped between his gorgeous body and the wall. He leaned in and I froze what was he going to do? Why was he doing this?? I shut my eyes as I anticipated his next move. I felt his breath nearing my face, my heart raced, I didn't want to open my eyes, i never wanted to witness what was to happen and just as I had thought I felt his lips on mine. I couldn't move, I couldn't kiss back, I felt numb.
My numbness didn't stop him he tried partying my lips with his tongue, his mouth tasted like peppermint, if this mouth belonged to any of my Ps then the tongue would have been almost to my throat but this was different it was Melvin I had no hint of feelings for him. I am not sure if the kiss took minutes or seconds to me it felt like hours. He let go and pulled away stepping just a few inches back from me. I stayed glued to the wall. My eyes flickered open, I searched his face for any explanation and just as if he read my thoughts he spoke to answer my unasked question.
"I am never going to apologise for that, I have always wanted to taste your lips since the first time I saw you, I think alot about you, when I figured out about you and Phil I felt crushed then he told me about you n Phin and I felt lost. I asked you about them wanting a confirmation, I wasn't ready to bear. I know you thought it as a joke when you said that you would be with me instead of them, that statement gave me hope and a part of me thought that maybe you felt something for me, now that I have kissed you I know that it was just in my head, there is nothing for me in your heart".
I wanted to scream to his confession, what was the world doing to me, why did it have to be soo cruel? I thought to myself, I hadn't made an attempt to change my position, Melvin stretched his hand towards me I took it and he pulled me back to his muscular body, my frozen body begun to take in his warmth, I didn't want to leave his arms. I moved my hands and held them to his back he held me tighter in his arms as he rapped my petite body in his arms. We stayed locked together with no words my mind drifted to Phin then to Phil and back to Melvin. I felt pity for him, I pitted myself and my two lovers. "I am sorry I can't love you" I said almost in a whisper.