CHAPTER 1

The first meeting wasn't a sweet memory as it should have been. His ego and my pride would have never match.  I felt like I would throw up just by the smell of him.
I could smell his perfume from a distance, I was sure that he was approaching the resort.
"Heey Beth," I called to my work mate and she responded by looking at me.
"What's his name?" I asked showing her the man who was getting closer to us, I used my eyes to look at his direction so that he would not see my reactions, just as she was about to answer he got to the table I was wiping.
"Hi, how are you doing,?" He asked, I wasn't sure if he was talking to both or either of us.
"We are fine." I responded dryly. "That's good, can you serve me?" He asked as he proceeded to the table next to the one I was working on.
I made a face as I dropped my wiper on the basin and walked towards him.
"What can I serve you?" I asked politely as authorized by the manager
"Do you have tea?" He asked
"Yes." I responded without any more details.
"Well I want special tea, do you know how it is made, I hope that you have milk so I want half cup of the tea you have and the other half should be milk thats how its done." He said proudly without giving me the chance to answer any of his questions.
'I will bring that." I responded as I turned to walk towards the kitchen.
I saw Beth smiling and I could help but smile too, as I got to the Kitchen Beth was there with me as I imitated the customers words making his facial expressions and trying to tune my voice like his. Beth couldn't help but laugh at how angry he made me.
This was our second meeting but it felt like the hundredth one, I wasn't supposed to be rude to him. 'the customer is always right' was what was in my mind if the manager knew that any employee was rude to any customer, the employee would definitely loose their job. It had taken me months to secure a job I wouldn't risk loosing it. I prepared his tea as requested and took it to him.
"Welcome" I said as I put the tea on the table and started to walk away.
"Wait, whats your name?" He asked
"Joy" I said.
"Alright Joy you are supposed to ask a customer if there is anything else that he/she needs before you leave." He said.
"Sorry about that, is there anything else?" I asked sarcastically.
"Do you have any chapati's, kindly bring me one." He said
This man would ask a question and without any answer he would go ahead and place his order, why did he bother asking in the first place? I walked towards the kitchen talking to myself, the first encounter with him made me dislike him, well dislike is a light word I hated him and here he was again pretending not to even remember, If this was my resort I would have probably thrown him out.
"His name is Phill." I heard my managers voice beside me.
"Ohh, I didn't see you there." I responded
"He is one of our regulars you need to treat him well,I know his attitude is questionable, but you will get to understand him with time." He continued.
"Thank you, I will try to." I said walking ahead.
"Don't try Joy, you have to." The manager said in a commanding voice.
When I got to the kitchen Beth had already packed the chapati ready to be taken to the customer.
"How did you know?" I asked her smiling.
"His usual." She responded. And with that I rushed out and presented my customer with his request.