CHAPTER 5

Being  home wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, mum would oftenly request me to accompany her as she watched her vernacular comedies, and whenever she did knitting she would encourage me to also try it. It had been two weeks since I came for the leave, days had passed on quicker than I expected, we had made plans with both Phil and Phin on the things we would do when I went back to work.
For Phin waiting for a whole month was hard for him that was why we agreed to meet, his suggestion was for him to come to my home and check how I was doing for he did not want me to be tired, but I couldn't let him so we settled on a central place where we would meet. The day finally came my mother was very excited that I was going on a date, I had tried convincing her that it wasn't a date but her excitement led her to telling dad that her only daughter was going on a date after a very long time. They were both happy for me, I was excited that I was meeting Phin, I missed him and anticipated for more than just a hug from him, over the phone he would talk about how he wished that he would have a taste of my lips, he mentioned about how much he dreamt about them and fantasized anytime he thought about me. I wanted him to do as he wished, I was just afraid that his shyness wouldn't let him. I got to the agreed spot two minutes before the agreed time, I pulled my phone from the small purse only to find a text from him.
'you look stunning my princess'- Phin
I smiled at the screen then looked  up to scan the environment and spot where he was, but my eyes betrayed me, he was nowhere to be seen, my phone buzzed again and there was another text message from him.
'you will not be able to see me, my spirit is here but I left my body back home,😊'-Phin
This man was becoming something else,
'I love it when you smile at my non-funny jokes' - Phin
Why was he messing with me during such a time, I wanted to see him.
'will you let me see you or should I go back'-Joy I replied to his texts and seconds later he called giving me the exact location of where ge was sitting. I surely would have not seen him even if I stood there all day.
I walked towards him approaching him from and stood beside his chair, he stood up hugged me and kissed my chicks, I could help but flatter, he pulled the chair besides him and requested me to sit.
"What will you have?" he asked his eyes focusing on the menu
"Lemon juice" I answered as I looked around. He had selected the best spot of the hotel, it was on the 3rd floor, the view if the road was clear, someone would clearly see half of the town without any struggle.
"Have you been here before?" I asked
" No, I haven't why did you ask?" He replied
"This spot is amazing how did you end up here? Did you know about this hotel?" I wouldn't control myself from asking.
"This is my first time in this town, I googled about a hotel near by and this one appeared I found it I requested the waitress to give me the best spot for a special person and she led me here." He answered honestly.
We talked about home and work, how Lakeview wasn't the same without me and what felt like minutes were hours, we had to be in our ways soon. It is disrespectful for a lady to go to her parents home later than seven, we didn't want to disrespect my parents, he cleared the bills and we stood to leave, Phin pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly, this made me not to want to leave, I wanted to rest in his arms forever, as I wanted to pull away I looked up to see his face and our lips locked, for a moment I froze, as I let my mind and heart process what was happening, his lips tasted like mint they were soft and cold. I loved  the feeling.
We pulled away, then pushed ourselves back together kissing like it was our last kiss in the world, we were breathless so we pulled away.
"We better get going you don't want to be late, or do you? He asked as he licked his bottom lip. The gesture was seductive to me but I doubt if that was his intention, I nodded my head yes not aware if what I was saying.
He took my hand into his and led me to the bus stop.  As I was about to board a matatu he reached to his wallet and took something then pulled me to his arms and hugged me. "Here go buy something for mum." He said putting something on the small pocket on the side of my purse. I didn't get a chance to say anything to him, before he put his finger on my lips "don't say anything just get home safe". He said
I smiled and hugged him again.
"Bye" I said to him smiling
"I love you and please take care." He said as he let me go.