CHAPTER 3

I had Bella's number with me, talking to her was not as hard as it was with Joy, I wasn't sure if she would receive my call so I sent her a message with intentions of asking her if I could call. We chatted for a while then I called, the conversation was smooth we discovered that we had some common interests and shared the same jokes.
                        ///////
We sat by the bench near our shop with my best friend Phin talking about school. Phin is always quiet and reserved but enjoys my company. Our friendship is undefined I guess we both have ways of understanding each other and thats how we get along well.
He is single unlike me who have my fair share of women, sometimes I don't understand my heart it can beat for a lady just because of a trait. "I like Bella." I said to Phin abruptly. "Thats something, does she know?" He asked.
" I asked her for her number we talked about alot of things  and am sure we will get there, and I will make her the one, I will forget about all the rest and focus on her, I feel that there is more than this than just a mere crush" I said trying to assure both Phin and my heart.
"I doubt you in that but all the best man, as for me I will take time to love, I definitely don't want to be a Reverend father but this chicks needs to grow first" Phin replied in a smile.
We diverted the topic and continued talking about the trends on the campus it was getting late when Bella walked past us and headed to the next shop.
"Isn't she Bella?" Phin asked looking at her direction
"She is." I answered staring at my sandals I didn't want to look at her, why did she pass by without looking at our direction? I am sure that she saw us, did I upset her? The thoughts ran through my mind. I didn't raise my head to see what she was buying, I felt some pain in my heart I had thought that we made a connection why was she behaving like I was a stranger?
"Hello Melvin? Can I sit?" I was greeted by a familiar voice, I shot from my thoughts as I squeezed closer to Phin leaving a space for Bella to sit.
"Yea sure come on sit down" I stated forgetting to respond to her greetings.
"Thankyou" she responded sitting down, she then leaned to say hi to phin waving her hand to draw his attention from his phone. I was too absorbed with my thoughts I didn't even realize that I had left my friend out so he took his phone to play crossword.
He responded to the gesture and focused back on his phone. This was new for me. I had chased alot of ladies in my life but not one had the confidence to sit with me like Bella did, this town was know for people who didn't mind their business rumours would spread like fire most of them which were untrue. Bella didn't know about this place maybe that was why she wasn't afraid of being seen next to me. She initiated a political topic and we sunk into it, Phin later excused himself and left us alone.
I was glad that he was giving us the space to talk about personal issues.
"He looks calm" Bella said pointing to Phin as he was getting ready to hop on his motorcycle,
"Yea he is, thats his nature." I said smiling although I knew more about Phin than anyone else in this town yes he is calm but also a very good hypocrite.
Time went by as Bella and I became more close. I was in love and so was she.