CHAPTER 13

Things had been going perfectly well between Joy and I, besides her need of more attention from me whenever she wasn't busy, I was alright with everything else. I hadn't told Melvin about us, considering the situation we had I didn't want to think the reaction he would show if I told him about Joy and I.

He had informed me that he would be coming home during the weekend and that gave me cold feet.

Was I a bad friend? I asked myself as I stared at the last conversation we had with Melvin, Glad that he had moved on from Bella though not fully at least he was trying to get back in the game.

////////////

I sat on my bike waiting for Melvin, well it wasn't as fun as it always was whenever I picked him on the other days, today was different, I had betrayed him by sleeping with his girl and I was now with his long time crush, she was also my crush only that I had never admitted it or shared my feelings with anyone, maybe Melvin would think that I did it to spite him. The truth is I still liked him and didn't want to loose my best friend.

I rehearsed in my mind how I would approach the topic and give him the news about Joy but all of them ended up with him being upset with me. Maybe this was just in my mind but whatever the outcome, I would never give Joy up.

I watched as Melvin alighted the matatu, he scanned the environment and spotted me, he walked towards me like nothing had happened, he was the same, maybe he had really accepted and forgiven me.

Forgiveness? How can I describe this word its defined as an individuals voluntary internal process of letting go of feelings and thoughts of resentment, bitterness, anger, and the need for vengeance and retribution toward someone who we believe has wronged us, including ourselves. Had I forgiven myself? as much as I didn't want to accept that I had made a mistake I had to apologize to Melvin.

I watched as he walked towards me with no sense of hate, I was convinced that he was no longer mad at me for betraying our friendship. Gone against the bro cord, we had trusted each other since our childhood but things were different now, well maybe not.

I flashed him a faint smile to test his reaction, "Don't even try it, today am expecting you to spoil me," he said smiling back at me.

This was my best friend, "You know I will do it even without you asking" I responded throwing him the Bikes keys as our tradition. grabbing them as they floated on the air he took off his bag and handed it to me, this was a sign/ a gesture that the past was in the past.

"I haven't been a very good friend but I am willing to go through every other change to make things right between us." I said

"I am not an angel, I have done some terrible things too maybe not to you but to other humans, I am not different, change is something we all go through and am sure every experience either good or bad is always a lesson to us, so don't beat yourself up on the things of the past lets celebrate that we are alive we get to see a new day hence we have other chances to make a difference and show the changes we want" Melvin replied

It was different, but admirable coming from a man. "I also knew that you had feelings for Joy and I didn't want you to talk about it for I didn't want us clinging on the same person so I avoided the conversation and had hope in winning her before you, I know it was mean for even after I met Bella, I did not give you a go ahead with Joy." He continued.

"Aaa... about that... There is something I want you to know.." I stammered as I tird to explain that I was with Joy.

"I wont kill you if you spit it out" Melvin said in between his laughter.

"Joy and I are an item" I said

"Oooh, that's the best news I have received in a while, took you long enough to admit it." He responded surprising me.

"She doesn't know about what I did with Bella, I am afraid that she will leave me is she hears about it." I said

"That's bad but I think its better if she hears it from you rather than from Beth or any other person, that will make it worse." He said and I knew he was right, but how would I start it, I was soo ashamed of showing her my dark side.

We headed to Lakeview resort soon after, we got to Melvins' we were both happy, I was glad that Melvin had forgiven me, it was my turn to forgive myself and move on.

I planned on telling Joy later that night on what I had done in hope that she would also forgive my past mistakes.

 -THE END-

LETS MEET ON THE OTHER SIDE AS WE EXPLORE JOYS LIT LOVE

I love you all thanks for being with me during this journey.

I may or may not continue buts lets stop at this for now.