CHAPTER 9

Phineas POV
I stared at my phone looking at Melvins contact, I felt sorry maybe I had ruined our friendship bit at this moment all I needed was to call him and deliver my apology, if he took it well I would have the courage to officially call it off with Bella. She hadn't agreed to the fact that I wasn't interested in her.  I pressed the caller button and put it speaker, Melvin received the call almost immediately and just as I thought we settled our differences, its true that men don't keep grudges with just a few words all was well between us. I wanted to think that maybe it was  because we both never cared about Bella as much we were both young and had a long way to go.

As I walked to Lakeview I scanned around the compound looking for someone in particular, I spotted her by the sink washing utensils, maybe this was her favorite spot, I walked towards her with my motorcycle keys on one hand and the other my phone, I gelt relieved that Bella wasn't around.
"Joyce" I called as a took the seat next to the sink, she turned to look at the person addressing her with a smile she greeted me.
We were having a casual conversation when Beth joined us with a chair and started contributing to our topic, I didn't like nosey self, she probably joined us so that she would get stories to tell about Joy.
Without minding her presence we continued chatting, I requested Joyce for a hot Chapati my usual.
"Joyce if you aren't the one who cooked bring one but if you are be sure that I will have like five" I said winking then I saw my worst nightmare Bella was walking towards our direction, I hoped that she wouldn't dare to create any drama there were customers everywhere and no one knew about our small encounter, Samuel would have not dared to tell any of the ladies about it maybe only his best friend Joy who didn't seem too concerned about my life. One character I loved about her was that she is not judgmental and she only pretends to always mind her own business.
Bella said hi to me dryly like she was being forced to, it was clear that she was still mad at me well, if I were here I would have been more than just mad but women have been created different, they possess more ways of slowing their anger.
She pulled a chair from near by and joined the crew as Joy went ahead to grab my order.
"How are you feeling sweetie?" Beth asked looking at Bella.
"Fine I guess, I would know better if Melvin would be receiving my calls anyway its life and I made the choices". She responded looking at her nails
I felt anger by thinking that Bella had told Beth the big mouth what had happened between us.
"Here you go, Sir" Joyce told me as she handed me a chapati.
"Thank you miss Peterson" I said taking it.
She went back to the sink but instead of continuing with her work she sat facing our direction.
Were this ladies trying to gang on me now? They were all staring at my direction.
"Phin, don't you have something to say to one of us?" Beth asked.
It had to be her to start the awful conversation, and why was Joyce concerned? I asked myself.
"Something like?" I asked pretentiously.
"An apology maybe?" She continued.
"Wait what did the Mister perfect Phineas make a mistake?" Joy asked smiling.
I was relieved at least she didn't know anything and didn't seem to hold a beef with me.
"Oh yes he did, he was supposed to bring you something, can't you remember?" Beth said.
"Ooh about that just let him be, but he will pay me one day that am sure of". Joy said.
This had taken a different direction from the one I thought, I felt relieved or maybe I acted too soon.
"He still does owe someone an apology." Bella said
"You are the worst guy on earth Phin, do you know that? How could you just let it all slip away? Melvin will not talk to me nor reply to my texts." She continued
" I want to hate you Phin but seeing you here acting like nothing happened makes me want to puke. You are a real hypocrite." She continued
She was about to start saying something when Beth stopped her when she spotted the manager walking towards us.
"Can I have a word with you Beth" Their manager said as he walked past us to the cafeteria.
Joy looked at me then at Bella.
Then asked "Whats with you two?"
"This man here planned a scandal and Melvin broke up with me" Bella said
I felt calm she hadn't given any details about the relationship.
"Maybe he can to talk Melvin and clear the air then." Joy said
"I already did that, I am hoping that he will get back to you." I said addressing Bella.
"I doubt he will he already hates me now" she said in embarrassment.
I had no argument with that Melvin had said that he was not going to get back with her even though I lied that it was a misunderstanding he knew me better than that.
"You  don't have to beg anyone to be in a relationship with you, you are still young and beautiful you will find you one true love one day." Joy said.
She did have a point, I guess I was her one true love and all I needed was to make a move and our story would begin, unlike Bella and Melvin's ours would have a happy ending.
I had nothing to say to this ladies.
"Catch you guys later" I said as I stood to walk away from them.
Joy responded as I walked away I saw the two join into a conversation, I just hoped that Bella would spare the details if she was to talk about us. Us? That sounded so fake, there was never an us and if I was to have an us with someone then then that would be Joyce.
Joyce and I would make US.