CHAPTER 11

Phins' POV
Now that the differences between my best friend and I had been settled. I had made up my mind to start wooing Joyce.
For Joy things would be different from what I did with Bella, I had real feelings for her, I hoped that she did too, getting her out of Lakeview was next to impossible, with how she adored her work and no off days how would I be able to take her out on a date?
I couldn't talk about my feelings for her over the phone, well thats is disrespectful and I know that, for a lady like her I had to use all my efforts. I decided to always visit her oftenly untill when I would get a chance of asking her out for a date or a private conversation. Joy liked to keep her life private, she was never in any of the towns drama and that was another quality I loved about her.
I had been a frequent visitor at Lakeview and finally she had agreed to meet with me at a place far away from Lakeview.

Joys POV
Phin have been a frequent visitor at Lakeview, he came more often than before and he was okay hanging around with Samuel and I.
Bella left the town without a goodbye, maybe she said to Beth but never to the three of us. It had become a habit of long talks when we were together, sometimes I would be late to head to bed whenever they came around and left later. Phin had asked to have a meeting with me in my mind I placed it as a date, I planned on talking with my manager and lying about anything that would at least make me leave Lakeview for some hours.
With no problems I fixed a day and time and left Phin to decide on the place.
As the day came along, I settled on a short orange dress which went up to slightly above the the knees and put on a black coat and black open shoes. I took off all alone to Breezland Paradise resort where we had agreed to meet.

At Breezland
As I got to the resorts gate I dialed Phins number and told him that I was already there to my surprise he was already at the resort, asking me to get in and ask for reservations under Joy Peterson's name, I smiled at the thought, why did he put the reservation under my name, I went to the reception and was led to where he was. Being the gentleman he is he stood up as soon as I got to the table he was at, greeted me with a peck and ushered me a sit next to him.
I felt my heart flutter at his gesture with a smile I thanked him.
"You look exquisite."  he complimented, I blushed to his comment and thanked him
The meal went on perfectly well as we exchanged looks from time to time. This was a real date and Phin was a real man.

Phins POV
After the meal we were offered some drinks, we both settled on wine and Joy requested for 'Our four cousins' it was smooth, I had never had it before but since Joy recommended it, I enjoyed its tasted, I sipped it as a started a different conversation.
"I really like you Joy and I have been longing for this day like for forever, I want us to have more of this, I mean more dates, and with your permission kindly allow me...., I mean us to take this to the next level, lets be more than just friends."  I paused as I took her both hands into mine and held them over the table letting her sink in what I had just said to her. She looked at our hands briefly and then met with my eyes, I was lost in the sparkle in her eyes. I wanted her to always stare at me, the look was full of love and adoration but I want her words not just the look.
I was in love with this lady, I had always been, why did it take me so long to let it out.
"I like you too Phin, you have been a good friend to me and I appreciate that, I also appreciate you getting me out of Lakeview, (smiling) it has been a while, I can be more than your friend but I don't think I am ready for that yet." She  said.
I wasn't sure about what she meant by she could but she wasn't ready, did someone hurt her or was she dating? Wait did she know about what I did to Bella.
I was afraid that she would reject me for what I did, I was inhuman to Bella and I had realised that revenge is not always the right thing. Was I too late to discover it. I looked down at our still intertwined hands, with no intentions of letting them go. There was something between us if Joyce needed time then I would definitely let her have it and during her time I would shower her with love and she would be mine soon.

'No promises on the next update, the story is starting to take another direction but the Best Friends Revenge is still on

I love you all
Please keep supporting me
Thanks for the continued support'