CHAPTER 8

Bella
I hated myself for letting this happen, how could I have been this stupid to think that Phin would be really in love with me. I had given myself to him willingly, cheated on the person who truly loved me then he betrayed me.
"What do you mean by saying that we can not be together? Why were we dating then?" I asked him furiously.
" Bella we were not dating only had some heated moments that is not love or a relationship? But who the hell told Melvin if you didn't?" He asked
My head was spinning, I wanted to scream and let out all the anger I felt within but I knew very well that it wouldn't fix the fact that I had betrayed myself. I sat on his couch supporting my head with my hands what had I done?

Phins POV
My plan had been working perfectly well, and Bella had finally agreed to submit to me, Melvin didn't deserve her, she was too cheap and dumb to consider the girlfriend type. I did not want to hurt her but I had no option, my plan did not include anyone else but I had to make sure that Melvin knew that I had a moment with his girlfriend. I would give excuses later on how the incident happened without either of us expecting it, being the innocent me and the friendship we had I was certain that he would believe me.
I called Samuel and requested him to kindly come and pick some groceries I had for Lakeview, not that I needed any help with the groceries I knew he was the perfect person to deliver the information to my best friend. I had the perfect timing that as Bella was walking towards my house then Samuel would be leaving hence they would meet along the way, he would be suspicious of where Bella was going hence follow her to my place that was enough for Melvin. I had made sure that Samuel always noticed our private meetings with Bella therefore he had been suspicious of us.
When Bella came confronting me about who told Melvin I was grateful that my plan had worked. I wanted to smile laugh and jump that was when it hit me that I had been ruthless to Bella she did not deserve what I had done.
The truth was I never had any romantic feeling for her but I am human and have a heart. I felt bad when I rejected her telling her that we could never be together.
During the moment we were together Joy was the only person who was in mind. I let myself think that she was the person I was kissing and touching.
I watched Bella as she sat on my couch supporting her head the view was heartbreaking. I walked close to her and sat beside her but my mouth was dry. What was I supposed to tell her? I caused this mess would I be able to undo it?
  ////////////
Change??? Why did it come to mind? I wouldn't be able to change what I had done by just snapping my fingers. Someone had told me that change is a gradual process and not radical, I discovered that he was right at this moment.
"I will try to fix this" I said to Bella
She didn't bother to look at me, she just sat there like a robot tears dripping her eyes. I was hurt.
"What do you want to fix?" She asked dryly not changing her posture.
" Your relationship with Melvin. Bella I am not in love with you but I care about you." I responded.
" Why would you even care about me? Do u care about me enough to be my boyfriend?" She asked. I was not ready for this kind of question from her, this would complicate things more than they already were.
"I will try to make it work out between you and Melvin, I will tell him that it was all my fault, I can lie that I was drunk or maybe we didn't really do it". I said trying to reason with Bella.
" What if I don't want him back and its you that I want?" She asked
This was not the plan she wasn't supposed to ever get serious but here she was saying that she wanted me.
"Look Bella you are just lost in your own mind you and Melvin love each other, we just shared a bed and I cant trust you to stick with me, look how many days it too you to fall for someone else while still in a relationship? I can't trust you enough to make you mine, I am afraid that you would play me just like you did to my best friend". I blabbed without thinking twice.