CHAPTER 10

Bellas POV
Running away from a problem is never a solution but in this case it was for me. An escape was a better solution than waiting for Melvin and face him after what I had done.
As a wise man once said that the greatest force on earth is not the compulsion of law, But the compassion of Love.
Love was what I needed to find not so fast though. Some time out was what was necessary or maybe Phin was right. I was lost in my own mind. I trusted very fast and failed myself and one person that had hope for us, the truth that I didn't want to accept was that Phin and Melvin would always be friends they knew better than to be separated but some random girl who knew nothing about boundaries.
I felt dirty.
"What's on your mind Joyce asked?" She never used to talk to me that much before I thought that she never liked me but since the incident with Phin she had been acting all cool with me, like I was the victim while I was the cause of everything. As much as I wanted to lay it all on Phin I knew I had a larger share on the mess maybe; just maybe everything was my fault and accepting it was the beginning of my healing.
"Nothing much just about Melvin and Phin, do you know they both like you?" I said without thinking twice.
"What do you mean? You are dating Melvin and Phin is just a friend. Funny you didn't mention about Samuel everyone seems to think that we are an item." She responded.
I had heard about her and Samuel but by the look of things that seemed to be a fake rumour true that they were always together but not intimately.
"I've heard about that but Phin looks at you differently, while Melvin always crushed on you before we started dating. You are cool, reserved and doesn't care about the town rumors." I said this was an indication that I envied her.
"I will be leaving this town soon, take care of them" I continued.
"Where is this coming from? Is it about the issue you guys had?" She asked.
Without wanting to give the details of my  infidelity, I replied with a yes brushing everything else of, Thank the heavens she didn't push for the whole story.

Joys POV
I always liked Phin but lately he seemed like something had been bothering him maybe it was whatever issue he had with his best friend and Bella.
I had never mentioned to anyone about my crushing on him, sometimes I felt that he  was flirting with me but he had never made a move. When Bella mentioned about him liking I felt flattered, I was curious and about to ask whatever had happened but blushed it of not wanting her story to ruin my view of Phin, not when I had decided to let him in.
I also knew that Melvin had something, bit my heart had chosen Phin instead. Bella left leaving me all alone, she seemed very bothered, I walked to Beth and stood beside her she looked up to me and asked what I wanted.
"Can you tell me what happened between Melvin and Bella." I asked.
She was the right person to deliver the true story," All I know is that Bell did something really bad to Melvin and Phin was the one who told his best friend about it, Bella is now pissed off and doesn't want to speak to Phin while Melvin doesn't want to listen to any of Bellas explanations." She rambled.
"what did the Princess do that pissed the Prince so much?" I asked.
"Thats what I don't know yet but I wi find out its just a matter of days, you know nothing goes unnoticed in this town especially if it concerns the break up of the power couple in town." She responded proudly
"Why do you care anyway its unlike you to talk about others? And you can just ask Phin maybe he will tell you everything." She paused aa if wanting to continue, I cut her off telling her that I didn't care, about the story I was just worried about Bella. Which was a lie, well she seemed bothered that that was less of my worries we were never friends and I am not the comforting time, people just thought I am strong but my reason for not wanting the drama is because am just fragile and emotional, by avoiding the drama I was saving myself.
I walked to the cafeteria and sent a message to Samuel asking him to come and be with me the resort was empty no customers just the cool breeze.