Broken Heat [10]

I want to give credit to kyleigh327 for the idea in this chapter, she came up with multiple ideas so you might see me mention her multiple times. Thank you Kyleigh for the help with the chapter and I hope you all enjoy :)

January 25th, 2012

Harry Edward Styles

We were almost a month into tour and it was a great time. It was the morning after a concert. We spent the night at a hotel then we were meant to be getting on the tour bus for a few hours to one of the last shows of the Europe leg of the tour.

We were sitting in the main part of the bus, hanging out. We had only been on the bus for around thirty minutes, so we still had a long way to go until we arrived at our destination.

I was scrolling through twitter on one of the small sofas, wrapped up in a blanket. It was colder than it usually is on the bus. Niall and Liam were sitting down playing a game, while Zayn was sitting off to the side, seeming to be reading a book. Louis said he was still tired, so he went back to the bunks to nap a bit.

"Why is it so cold in here?" Liam asked, he was rubbing up and down his arms, attempting to warm himself.

The driver reached over to turn the heat up more, but realized it was all the way up. "That's weird. I'm gonna pull off at this rest area to see what's wrong, stay in here."

He then pulled into the parking lot and got out of the bus, closing the doors behind him.

"What's going on?" Louis asked, coming out of the bunk room wrapped up in a blanket. He looked half asleep, and it was absolutely adorable.

The driver came back into the bus after Louis asked, and explained to us what was wrong. "It seems the heat isn't working but there isn't anything I can do until we get to the next place."

"We're still four hours away from the location though. How're we supposed to keep warm? It's already freezing out there." Liam asked.

"There's some extra blankets they keep in the compartments for emergencies." He said, before getting back into his seat and pulling out of the parking lot.

Louis came over to the sofa I was sitting on and sat beside me. He curled up into my side and rested his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around him.

"You're warm," he said, snuggling deeper into my arms. I kissed the top of his head and hugged him more to me. He yawned and that's when I noticed how close he was to falling back to sleep.

"Why don't you go back to the bunks and sleep some more, you seem really tired." I said, stroking his cheek a little while looking at him.

"No, I'm too warm here."

"This can't be comfortable to sleep."

"Then come cuddle with me. We'll keep each other warm." He said, starting to get up and pull me up with him.

"Okay," I say, giving in and following him back to the bunks.

I crawled into my bunk, where I had quite a few blankets piled up. I made sure to get as close to the wall I could so Louis would have plenty of room. He got in my bunk and curled up as close to me as possible. I wrapped my arms around him and he leaned his head against my chest.

"How are you so warm?" He whispered, I could tell he was already falling asleep.

"Because it's freezing in here," I whisper back, "Now go to sleep."

"Goodnight Haz," he said, but it was more like a mumble since he seemed to be out of it by then.

"Goodnight Lou," I said, and kissed his head.

I could feel slight movement beside me, but I wasn't going to open my eyes to see what was going on. That was until I felt lips press against my forehead that my eyes opened enough to see him.

"Hey," he said, smiling at me as he brushed some hair from my face.

"Hi," I say, smiling back at him.

"I didn't mean to wake you," he said, laying back down beside me.

"It's okay, I don't mind."

"Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept great," I replied, pulling him closer to me.

"That's good, I've been worried you'll have another nightmare." He said, suddenly having a lot of worry shown on his face.

"Don't worry about my nightmares. Besides, I haven't had one when I sleep next to you."

"You've only ever had two though, you can't know for sure."

"Louis," I said, stopping him from saying anything else. "You don't need to worry, okay? I'll be fine."

"Okay," He said, reluctantly. I gave him a quick kiss before cuddling up to him.

"Lads, we'll be at our destination in no more than twenty minutes!" Liam yelled back to us.

"Okay!" Louis yelled back, "We should get up."

"Okay," I said as Louis got off the bunk and I followed behind. He went to get something from his bag by his bunk, while I went to go to the bus bathroom.

"Wait," Louis said, grabbing my hand.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

He pulled my hand, making me walk towards him. He pressed his lips to mine, giving me a sweet kiss, then pulled away.

"Okay, that's all I wanted." He said, blushing a little, but quickly turning back to his bag. I let out a small chuckle and walked away.

Author's Note

Hello, I'm so sorry it's been so long since and update. I just haven't felt like writing, but I finally did and I'm happy with this chapter. It's very short and it's kind of a filler, but I thought the idea Kyleigh had was adorable and it was fun to write. I hope you guys like it! I'm not sure when the next update will be, but I'll try to get it out as soon as I can. Thank you for reading!!