Chapter 6

The training simulator was activated. As such it would spawn holographic replicants of Rita's foot soldiers. To start, Alpha allowed the five to just go at it to evaluate where the group was at skill-wise.

It wasn't good. At all.

Kion arguably did the best out of the five, however that was such a low bar that it wasn't much of an accomplishment. Bunga was just focusing on pulling off tricks that would mostly be possible with years of training for any normal human. Fuli was over confident, but was quickly humbled as the holographic putties humbled her. Beshte wasn't even quick to attempt a single punch. And finally Ono lacked the confidence, but at least made an attempt to attack the simulation.

But it was safe to say that everyone needed a heavy amount of training.

Alpha decided to start with Beshte first as he is the muscle of the group, along with the fact that he was the most hesitant to engage in a fight at all.

"Remember, you are the strongest out of the group, which means you have to control your strength, now hit the Puttie." Alpha ordered.

The Puttie simulation ran after Beshte. Obeying Alpha's orders, he used all of his strength, and punched the puttie through the cave walls, causing the whole place to shake.

"Whops." He said.

In between training sessions, the group continuously attempted to morph. As it would heavily assist with their training, as well as help to prevent the various amounts of bruises the teenagers suffered during said training.

"WHY CAN'T WE MORPH!!" Fuli yelled, frustrated with another failed attempt to morph.

"Guys maybe we should think this over and calm down." Beshte suggested, trying to calm down the group.

"Alright, who has daddy issues at home that we have to fix, Fuli?" Bunga said

"Why would you think I have 'daddy issues'?" Fuli replied.

"Well, is there another explanation for your attitude!?" Bunga retorted.

Each member of the team is also given a special customized weapon, each meant to go along with their specific abilities. Beshte was assigned a war hammer, Fuli a spear, Bunga was given a hybrid between double-ended staff with a shield, and Kion was granted a saber.

Given that Ono's ranger designation was considered the "6th" or special ranger of the group, he wasn't given a traditional hand-held weapon. Other special rangers were given both special suit designs, as well as weapons to separate themselves from the core team. As such Ono was granted a blaster.

"Alright, ready?" Kion asked.

Immediately Bunga and Kion began to duel with the metal rods they were given. The two were surprisingly skilled at it. Granted most of their experience just came from goofing off with toy lightsabers, however it was encouraging for Alpha and Zordon.

Given that at this point, it was Spring break, Simba and Nala found it particularly odd that Kion was rather energetic, as he would consistently get up in the morning to go hang out with his friends.

Kion jumped from his bed. He put on shorts, a black t-shirt, and tennis shoes. He ran down the stairs and snatched up the cooler which was holding bottles of water and gatorade that he put out the night before. "Love you mom!" Kion shouted as he zipped out of the door.

"Alright, you need to learn to control your eyesight. Now try to hit the targets." Alpha 5 handed Ono a small stun blaster. Ono grabbed the blaster and aimed it towards the targets Alpha set up for him. He tried to control his eyesight, but they kept shifting in and out of focus, making it difficult for the teenager to accurately aim.