| Part 12 |

The moon had just risen to greet the earth with its subtle, delicate light. Crickets chirped loudly, hiding between the blades of grass. A cool spring breeze passed through briefly making the grass sway gently.

"Explain to me why I have to hide behind this bush-"

"Shhh! He's coming!"

A tall guy with headphones on was walking- more so dancing- down the path to the boys' dorm building. He was an average-looking kid who never changed his classic white-tee-blue-jeans look.

He jumped slightly when he noticed his friend, Kim Taehyung, leaning against the brick wall. He took his headphones off and smiled.

"I almost didn't see you there, dude. What's up?"

Taehyung gave him a cocky smile, "Jiho, Jiho, Jiho... Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

Jiho looked around before letting his eyes land on Taehyung, "Find out what?"

"Popping a balloon while I'm sleeping... Your pranks have gotten tame."

Tame?

He couldn't believe what he just said.

That word.

That single word.

It managed to fire up the mischievous nature of Jiho that had gone to sleep ever since Taehyung left for Italy.

"My pranks are tame? I'm going easy on you, dude." Jiho crossed his arms over his chest, "Don't forget the score is 8 to 6."

"Trust me, I'll fix that before summer comes," Taehyung pushed himself off the wall, maintaining eye contact with the taller student, "But right now I need to ask for a temporary truce."

"Why?"

"Because..." Taehyung started, not exactly sure where he was going, but he'd have to make something up quickly, "...The new kid, Jung Hoseok, is having a rough time getting used to this school. I'm helping him through it."

Jiho's eyes shrunk into a squint, "Are you lying to me?"

"Of course not!" Taehyung lied. "I'm being serious. Temporary truce?"

He extended a pinky out to Jiho who debated with himself silently.

In their fun back-and-forth game of pranks full of insane antics and deceit, Jiho wouldn't be surprised if this was a part of some elaborate prank. He isn't smart enough to figure out what that prank could be, so he'd just have to play along for now.

"Temporary truce."

He connected their pinkies and pressed his thumb against Taehyung's.

His shoulders suddenly felt lighter, contradicting Jiho who now felt he had to watch his back 24/7.

"Great! See you later," He waved to Jiho, who walked away putting his headphones back on.

A few seconds later, Namjoon stood up from behind the rectangular bush that decorated the side of the building.

He wiped off his shirt and smoothed his slicked-back chestnut-colored hair in annoyance.

"There was no reason for me to hide here."

Taehyung's lips curled up in a teasing smile, "If he said no to the truce, I would have needed you!"

"Yes, however," Namjoon stood in front of Taehyung, nearly towering over him, "I could have stood next to you the whole time!"

"No, this was funnier," he giggled.

The two headed down a lonely cement path aimlessly. Only one student passed by heading in the opposite direction.