Chapter 15

Thaliah

"I will just jog outside."

Azarel whispered as I continued pretending to be asleep. When I heard the pintuan that seems like Azarel sarado it na, I decided to open my eyes and upo na. I've been avoiding him since yesterday and it's so mahirap pala.

I stood up after being tulala for some time and punta to the bintana to inhale some fresh air. But then when I look at the baba, saktong I saw Azarel. My heart pounded when I met his gaze and looked away.

I'm gonna avoid him so this feeling won't grow. He may be kind to me, but I shouldn't mistook it for something else.

Hindi naman me assumera, I don't want to assume if it's not nanggaling naman to his mouth.

I am nalulunod na to my thoughts when my phone suddenly rang, it's Ms Strella, one of my business partners.

"Hello, Ms Strella, why did you call so early in the morning?"

I smiled, Erina chuckled.

"It's 9 am, Thaliah, and you can just call me Erina or Adel. Let's not be too formal, hindi ka naman na naiba saakin."

Her melodic voice filled my ears making me smile.

"Sorry to bother you on your honeymoon."

She added, my cheeks heated on what she said. She couldn't attend my wedding before because of an emergency. I didn't really mind though since I will invite her again on my second wedding if ever I will have another one someday

"So why did you call, Erina?"

I asked.

"I am planing to build another ALD mall in baguio, I'd like to make a franchise of your botique again Magdalene, you know how big time costumers loves it so much so I am personally asking you."

She explained making me nod my head.

"Sure, would you gusto ba to set up a virtual meeting maya?"

I chuckled.

"Yes, no problem, when will you be free? I'll move my schedule on that time." 

She said.

"How about 2 pm?"

I asked while brushing my soft hair.

"Okay, got it."

She chuckled.

"Where are you right now by the way? I'm on my way to the hotel I am staying at right now in baguio, Mariya told me that you're in Pangasinan?"

She asked, I yawned then smiled to myself.

"Yes, I'm in La Muerte."

I answered, she's saglit na naging silent when I sabi that.

"Erina?"

I called her name.

"U-Uhh L-La Muerte? W-Where?"

I don't know if it's just the signal or she did stammered.

"You know the famous Hacienda Juarez? My asawa, darleng happened to be may ari of it, were nakatira on their Ancestral house."

I uttered, she cleared her throat.

"O-Ohh I see."

She laughed nervously, I just kunot noo to her.

"You okay Erina?"

I asked.

"Yes, nilalamig lang."

She responded.