La la (Means I love you)

((J5 era, 1969, in this one, they aren't famous))
Toriano's POV

I'm at the park, just chilling with Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon, and Michael. Or I was supposed to be chilling with them. But, Jackie left us here to go do something he claims is "important", Jermaine is trying to find his way into some girls pants. His ugly self... and Marlon is playing pirates with Michael. So I'm watching. I'd take the two on a joyride so we could do something else but, Jackie took the car. The lion, the witch, and the audacity of this b-

Michael sighed and shouted to ne "Toriano!! Some pretty girl is trying to get your attention!" He snickered.

My head snaps up and this beautiful, brown skined, doe eyed goddess is sitting next to me. She looked at me and smiled "is that your brother?"
I take a second to study her. She looks around my age... straightened hair, pretty brownish eyes, soft lips, round nose, round-ish face but not in a bad way, wearing a samon-y pink top and jeans that she cuffed, presumably to keep dirt off her pants. She had on golden hoop earings and a bunch of chunky bracelets in groovy colors. And also, let's just take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous woman's curves... I mean, she's beautiful.

I finally think up a response that won't make me sound like a complete shmuck. "Yeah. That's my brother Michael and my other brother Marlon. And I'm Toriano! You can call me Tito though... you are?"

She looked at me and smiled "I'm Marley. I'm assuming Mr. Flirtatious over there is also your brother. He mentioned you..." I put on a face of disgust "Jermaine? Lord, what'd he say..." I sighed.

This queen- this angel sent from the gods who has graced me with her very presence, she giggled! And it was the cutest thing I ever heard!

She looked at me and shook her head "he said- and I quote- "Nobody can give it like me. Not even my brothers! Not Jackie, not Tito, not nobody" and that's when I removed myself from the conversation..." she was giggling. I sigh of second hand embarrassment "no lady wants to hear his noise- pssh, I wouldn't. You're not alone." I shake my head and chuckle.

Many guys have come to you
With a line that wasn't true
and, you passed them by.

I look at her "I apologize for my brother. He's 15 and has not made love a day in his life. He wouldn't know real love if it had a 30 feet wide billboard strapped to it's back." I snort "he needs to understand a pretty girl like you isn't something to be toyed with."

Marley giggled and covered her face "you're getting me all flustered, Toriano!" I looked at her and give her a small smile "that wasn't the plan but, at least I got to see your pretty lil smile." I lean closer "now move your hands so I can look at it some more"

Marley looked at me and playfully slapped my arm "oh you stop!! I'm embarrassed-" She chuckled and leaned her head on my shoulder.
I smiled softly at my new friend, and she rambled to me a little bit while a stared at her.

Now you're in the center ring,
And their lines don't mean a thing.
Why don't you let me try?

She looked at me and smiled brightly "do come here often? I wanna see you again" I shook my head in acknowledgment "not usually. You can ask for me at 2300 Jackson street or I could give you my number which is-" I stopped to think for a second. "2195768425" I give her a pat on the shoulder. "I would write it down but I've got no paper.

She giggled softly "I can work with that" I giggled softly and poked her cheek. "You're so cute... I'd spoil you but I'm saving right now, man." She shook her head. "I don't need to be spoiled man.

Now, I don't wear a diamond ring.
I don't even have a song to sing.
All I know is
La la la la la la la la la means:
I love you.

Marley looked at me, straight in the eyes. It was almost like I could fly in that moment. Like the world went from dull and gloomy to bright and colorful. Like we were meant to be. Like soulmates...

She looked at me and, all I could hope was that she just felt what I felt- that spark. "Mmhm.. yeah. I'll come visit you. But, the suns almost down and I gotta get back..." she let out a nervous chuckle and smiled at me, waving awkwardly. "Bye, Titooooo! I have to go home at the end of the summer so, be home when I come over. And, I'll call you and-"

I grabbed her arm and I wanted to kiss her so bad but, instead I just held her face, smiling. "Just say goodbye. And don't worry doll, When you call my name, I'll be there!" I smiled and let her go. She was all flustered and adorable "Alright, Tito! Catch you on the flip side!" she gave me a smile and walked off. I watch her for a second and turn around, my god, she's beautiful...

I'm looking at the ground with a stupid smile on my face. When I look up to Michael and Marlon staring at me with big smirks on their face... Shit.

Michael started laughing and Marlon started running around me as they both shouted in a teasing tone "Tito's got a girlfriend! Tito's got a girlfriend!" Again and again as if they were announcing it to the world. I just mushed Marlon in the face.

"Y'all two be quiet.." I shook my head and chuckled "come on, Jackie is back. I'll take you guys to get something to eat tomorrow if you shut up" The duo immediately stopped and Michael looked at me

"There's this icecream place down the street me and Mar have been talking about" Marlon looked at him and smirked "and they've got plenty of toppings. You can take your lil girlfriend too" I take a look at the two. These little nuggets know exactly how to get their way, don't they?

I sighed "Fine! Fine! It's a done deal. Now come on ya lil' nuggets" I chuckle and hug them "you two are too tiny to hate" I smiled at them and sighed happily as we piled into the car and went home.

//1096 words