𝓦𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷

𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷. 𝓡𝓾𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓮𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪 𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓻 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓮𝓽𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓮𝓻. |
𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷

Instantly I regretted my actions, since my forehead missed my hands by a couple of inches and I slammed it against the counter.
Groaning in pain I stood up straight again and rubbed my forehead while my eyes were squeezed shut.

"Ow motherfucker that hurt."

I grumbled under my breath as I heard a snort from right next to me.

Opening one of my eyes I glanced over to where the sound came from, just to see Polly Gray standing next to me, struggling to keep the whiskey inside of her mouth.

"Not what I expected to hear from you, dear, but certainly understandable."
Said the regaled lady.

"What made me have the honours of meeting three Shelby's in one day?"
I asked, ignoring her previous comment.

"Here is your coffee, love."

Harry said, while pouring it into the cup infront of my.

"Thanks Harry, please just leave the pot here, god knows I'll need it."

I mumbled, while taking a sip out of the cup.

I probably left my brain in bed that morning, since I completely forgot, that freshly brewed coffee is quite hot, I took a sip.
Forcing the liquid down my throat, I soon fanned air into my burning mouth.

"Oh for fucks sake."

Feeling the tears stinging in my eyes I started blinking and looking up, still fanning air into my open mouth.

"Please just ask your questions Ms.Gray, I am listening."
I said quickly, to the lady that was still watching me act like a bloody moron.

"What brought you to Small Heath, Miss..?"

Was the first question Polly asked, after a short moment of silence.

I was very close to just telling her that I probably died and woke up 100 years in the past, but decided against it, knowing that it would definitely make me sound crazy.

"It's Lancom. I needed a new start. There was no reason for it to be Small Heath, I guess I just kind of woke up here."

I said shrugging, picking up my cup and pot.

"Shall we sit down and continue our conversation?"

I asked casually.

"Follow me, Miss Lancom, let's go to the private room."
She commanded and, like so many other people here, didn't even wait for my response, before turning around and leading the way.

Inside I put the drinks onto the table, while Polly shut the door.
I wasn't sure if she locked it, but the way she was just standing there, blocking the door, watching my every move, didn't just intimidate me, but also slightly pissed me off.

I knew that family had major trust issues and was extremely paranoid, but I didn't do anything.

"So, let's talk woman to woman, Annabelle, how do you know about my family's business?"

The lady request to know with a cocky attitude.
The way she leaned back on her chair, crossing legs and arms, looking at me with a confident smile, in the series she was by far one of my favourite characters, and I loved the way she was so overly confident, while interrogating the bad guys... But I was not one of the bad guys.