Chapter 2

It was a gloomy day in Seattle and Danielle was rushing to her Monday morning rounds at the hospital. She had a long and rough weekend and it resulted in her having a late start in her day sleeping 30 minutes longer than she normally would have. She made her way down the halls of the hospital and quickly approached her  interns for the day. Danielle briefed them and gave each of them respective tasks. 

"What happened to you this morning?" asked Jaina " You are never late."

"I had  a lot to do this weekend and I am exhausted which caused me to oversleep this morning." replied Danielle with a sigh.

"Hmmm.. by chance did you use some of that weekend time researching that brunette you met at the coffee shop?" and Jaina of course knew about Stefania because Danielle could not stop talking about wanting to see her again.

"Ugh.. I swear Jaina I have searched every social media and I cannot find her.. I mean why didn't I ask her for her number? Why did I not even get a last name." Danielle has been beating herself up about this very same thing all weekend.

"I thought you would have gave up trying to find her but I was wrong.. I myself really want to meet the girl that has you searching the internet. You never search the internet for people" Jaina said as she handed a cup of coffee to Danielle. 

"I know but she was gorgeous Jaina.. But what if she does not even like girls?"

"What if she does? She asked you to have breakfast with her after helping you to delivery a baby.. she like girls.. She likes you. But we can talk more about your crush but now we have to get to the meeting before all the good seats are taken." Jaina said as she pulled Danielle's arm. 

"Oh right today is the day we meet the hospital's new Therapist. I had totally forgotten about all that." Danielle said.

"Yea and I heard she is really good at what she does and the way we have all been on edge after that shooting she  is apparently the best person to get us back to a sense of normalcy." Jaina was excited about the hire but Danielle was never one to open up to strangers about how she feels.

Jaina continued to pull Danielle until they reached the doors of a huge conference room. They entered the room and realized that they got there just in time to get two seats at the front of the room. They both were those students who would sit in the front of a classroom all the time and that never changed when they started their careers. They sat down and looked around the room but no  unfamiliar face was in the room. They chatted and drank their coffee as they waited for the meeting to start.

"Thank you all for being here this morning"  an older woman addressed the room. "I don't want to keep you guys here for long because we have lives to save." she smiled. "Two weeks ago most of us experienced a shooting that has clearly impacted a lot of us and we wanted to bring someone in who is sure to help. She is a therapist and is well known for the great work that she does especially for persons in similar and more traumatic situations. Without further ado Please help me welcome Dr. Stefania Spampinato.

Danielle and Jaina both looked at each other at the mention of the name. Stefania? Could it really be?

Before they could think about it any further, in walked the gorgeous brunette that Danielle had met at the coffee shop. 

"Danielle.. tell me that is the same Stefania that you have been talking so much about" Jaina said as she turned back to her friend who clearly looked like she had stop breathing. "Danielle? Dani! Danielle Savre!? Jaina shouted loud enough to help her friend snap out of her thoughts but low enough that it did not draw the attention of others in the room.

"It's her. Jania it's her. That's Stefania" Danielle snapped back into reality at the sound of her friend's call.

"Gosh you were right, she is gorgeous." Jaina said. "She is." Danielle finishes.

"Good morning everyone." the brunette stared. "I'm Stefania and I m here to help you through this difficult time. I want you all to feel comfortable in our sessions and are able to express how you truly feel and how you are handling the matter at hand and-" Stefania stopped when she noticed the beautiful blond that she had hope to run into again one day. But she never thought it would be today. It had never occurred to her that the OB/GYN she had an interest in would work at the hospital that she signed on with. Stefania  brought herself from her thoughts. "I- ah yes. We will work on the matter at hand as best  as we can and at the end of my time with you  I hope the you all will be back to being yourselves and also feel better comfortable walking these halls without fear of someone coming in and repeating a similar action." 

Stefania though being a  very focused  and professional individual, for life of her, could not stop herself from looking to Danielle more often than necessary. 

The meeting was short but very informative with Stefania informing them on how the sessions would work and what can be expected from them. She ended the meeting and persons started to leave. 

"Go talk to her" Jaina encouraged as Danielle stared at the brunette who was greeting persons as they are leaving the room.

Danielle looked at Jaina and said, "I'm going. I'm going" as she got up from her seat and handed her empty coffee cup to Jaina.  The  hospital's coffee was not the best but Danielle needed the energy. She took a deep breath and approached the  brunette.

"A Therapist huh?" Danielle asked Stefania who quickly turned around  with a smile on her face.

"You know Danielle, I hoped to see you again but I never thought it would be so soon nor it would be in such circumstances.. But I am not complaining." She said. "How are you?"

"I - I'm great." Danielle smiled. "How are you?" she returned the question. 

"I am great as well.. better  now that I ran into you again." Danielle's cheeks went red. 

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Do you like girls? Danielle asked Stefania. "I'm sorry. I know that was extremely straight forward and maybe now is not the best time but I've been wondering and I don't like to have to wonder and I'd like to know if it makes sense to continue to like you and admire you or if I should just f-" and Stefania cuts her off.

"Danielle it's good to breathe." She paused. "And yes I like girls. I do prefer the beautiful ones.. like you."

Before Danielle could respond, Jaina approached the two ladies. "I'm sorry to interrupt but.." and she smiles at Stefania and she turns to Danielle "But we have to get going." 

"Right. Yes. Stefania this is Jaina. She's is one of my best friends and she is also an OB/GYN."

"Nice to meet you" Stefania said with a smile as she extended her hand to Jaina who returned the hand shake with a smile. "Likewise".

"Danielle.." and the therapist turned to the blonde. "I would love to have lunch with you later if that's okay."

"I'd love that, yes. Here put your number in and I'll text you." Danielle hands Stefania her phone.

Jaina looked at Danielle and the two could not stop grinning at each other while Stefania was saving her info in the blonde's phone.

"All done. No we finally have a way of contacting each other." Stefania said. "It was nice to meet you Jaina."

"Nice to meet you too Stefania. Danielle let's go."

"See you soon?" Danielle asked. "Si. Can't wait."

Danielle and Jaina walked out of the conference room leaving Stefania. Jaina teased Danielle as they were walking down the halls to start their busy day. Neither of them could believe that the girl Danielle tried so hard to find just coincidentally happens to be the Therapist they were expecting at the hospital.

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you liked Chapter 2!

Stay safe! xoxo