Chapter 25

"Hey, are you sure you're okay." Danielle asked Stefania when she realized she was quiet and just staring out the window. "Babe." She called out when there was no response.

"Hmm... what?"

"I asked if you're sure you are okay." The blonde said before reaching over and running her hands on the brunette's thigh. "You seem like you have something on your mind. Want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine, Bambina" Stefania said, placing her hand on Danielle's and intertwining their fingers together. "I promise I'm fine. I'm just going to miss having you all to myself without distractions."

"Okay." Danielle said in a hush tone before bringing their joint hands together and kissing the back of her girlfriend's hand. "I promise we will do many more mini getaways. And when we can't getaway we'll stay locked up in the house and turn of our phones off, that way we have zero distractions."

Without saying anything, the Italian leaned over and gave her girl a few kisses on her cheek before Danielle turned her head and captured Stefania's lips and left a few pecks. "I love you."

"I love you more." the American said before she put her attention back to the road.

Truly, Stefania couldn't get the whole marriage thought out of her head. She really didn't need to think about what she wanted. She knew how much she loved Danielle and she knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her.

Yes, she believed that marriages ruin relationships and that's the mentality that has been with her for the longest while, and so, she never thought about it with Danielle. But, when she saw that beautiful engagement ring it hit her, 'Yes. Yes. I want to be your wife'. She wants to be Danielle's wife and she wants Danielle to be hers.

The Italian's heart broke every time she thought about how she must have broken Danielle's heart when she told her she never wanted to get married. 'You're so stupid' she kept telling herself.

They rest of the car ride was silent but comforting as they just enjoyed each other's company and exchanged soft touches.

They got back to the apartment and decided to unpack instead of leaving it for later, thankfully there wasn't a lot to put away.

"Bambina.. are you coming.?" Stefania called out. The couple had decided to cuddle up on the sofa and watch a movie. But, just as it was about to start, Danielle got a message from the group chat with her friends. It was Jaina asking if Stefania had said yes. The blonde decided to go to the bathroom and call her friends.

"I'll be out in a minutes babe. Hold on." She called back. Danielle quickly called her friends. "Hey." She said with a slight smile as she waved to her friends who looked at her expectantly.

"So?" Barrett asked impatiently.

Danielle inhaled sharply and then exhaled, not really wanting to talk about her girlfriend's view on marriage.

"I didn't propose." She finally said to her friends who immediately thought she must be joking.

Danielle of course kept them in the loop about the proposal and they helped her pick out the engagement ring. They knew, when, where and how, their best friend was going to propose so they didn't believe for a second that she didn't actually go through with it.

"What do you mean you didn't propose?" Jaina finally asked. "Stop fucking with us Danielle." The blonde's face was serious at this point and her friends realized she wasn't joking. "Why? What happened?"

"I was scrolling through Instagram and the topic came up and she mentioned that she doesn't want to get married." Danielle said before sitting down on the closed toilet. "So, I made the decision that I didn't want to do anything that may push her away, so I didn't bother to propose. I rather have her as a girlfriend for a lifetime than not have her at all."

Barrett and Jaina just looked at Danielle, thinking about what she had said. They understood her but they disagreed with her decision.