Chapter Nine

Three days later

Amber's POV...

Since I bid farewell to Wonho at the airport, I've been relentlessly dialing Dominic's number, desperate to explain everything I could comprehend about the situation. However, he stubbornly ignored my calls and messages. I found myself parked outside Exquisite Taste in my rose gold Nissan Altima, contemplating what to do about this complicated marriage predicament with Wonho.

I hesitated to reach out to Wonho because I was at a loss for words, unsure of how to address our current situation. Despite my silence, he displayed thoughtfulness by sending me morning greetings at ten a.m. for the past three days and wishing me sweet dreams every night.

"Sitting out here in the scorching sun won't solve anything," I scolded myself, stepping out of the car and making my way towards the catering business that my best friend Julia and I had established a few years ago.

"I thought I was going to have to come outside and drag you inside," Julia playfully exclaimed as I approached her by one of the glass cases. The bustling space was filled with customers, and we took a moment to discuss some business matters.

"Excuse me," a soft voice called out from behind Julia and me. We turned to face a beautiful young lady sporting shoulder length, straight black hair with honey-gold tips. She wore a knee-length white dress adorned with yellow sunflowers, paired with sensible yellow sandals. She was accompanied by three equally stunning women who could easily be mistaken for triplets, their only distinction being their hair colors. They stared at me with an odd intensity, as if they held a secret that I was not privy to.

“Yes, how may we help you?” Julia asked before I could respond.

The young lady hesitated, her hands instinctively resting on top of her stomach, drawing my attention to her small baby bump. "Umm... Umm... Do you do baby showers?" she stammered.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy, and yes, we certainly do," I replied warmly. "Would you like to find a seat somewhere so we can discuss what you envision for your baby shower?"

"I don't think I can handle this, Mom," the young lady turned to one of the women accompanying her, expressing her doubts.

"You can, and you will!" the woman with a stylish bob of burnt red hair reassured her firmly.

"If you want, I can take care of this for you, sweetheart," the woman with blond hair, presumably her mother, offered, gently squeezing the young lady's hands in a comforting gesture.

"I'll be over by the cash register when you're ready," I said to the young woman, giving them some space for their private conversation. I never liked eavesdropping on personal matters, so this was my way of respecting their privacy.

"I'm ready," the young lady called out just as I began to walk away, taking only a few steps.

"Well, let's head to my office so we can discuss this further," I suggested to the group of women.

"Can it just be you and me?" she nervously asked.

"Of course, if that's what the mother-to-be prefers," I replied with a warm smile, doing my best to put her at ease. As soon as I closed the office door behind us, the young lady blurted out, "Are you the same woman who was supposed to marry Dominic Castillo a few days ago?"

Her question caught me off guard, along with her sudden change in demeanor. She no longer seemed timid, but rather filled with curiosity and perhaps even a hint of suspicion. "And who might you be?" I asked, immediately curious about her identity.

"I'm Tina Sheffield, your fiancé's pregnant seventeen year old girlfriend," she confidently revealed.

I was taken aback by her words, my mind struggling to process the shocking information. "How can I be sure that what you're telling me is true?" I questioned, a mix of disbelief and confusion clouding my thoughts.

"Have you been calling him every night around nine p.m. for the past three nights?" she countered, her voice filled with a hint of accusation. "Ever since I found out about your cheating scandal, he's been with me."

"You're lying," I snapped, though deep down, I knew there was a possibility she was telling the truth. After all, he had cheated on me before.

"Call him from your phone, and when he doesn't answer, I'll let you call him from mine next. Then we'll see whose call he chooses to answer," Tina challenged me, a touch of excitement evident in her voice.

I felt incredibly foolish for allowing her to manipulate me into proving her point, but against my better judgment, I went ahead with it. Just like the past three nights, my call went straight to his voicemail. However, when I dialed Dominic from Tina's phone, he answered on the very first ring. The words that stung the most were, "Hey babe, how's our little bundle of joy doing?" I couldn't bear to hear any more, so I dropped the phone onto her lap and demanded, in a venomous tone, that she leave my office immediately.

"Thank you for doing me and Dominic a favor." She mockinly thanked me before exiting the room leaving the door wide open. It wasn't the fact that he had once again betrayed me that hurt the most. No, what enraged me was the realization that he could easily impregnate someone else, while I, because of him, would likely never experience the joy of having a child of my own.

My cheeks were drenched with an endless stream of tears, a painful reminder of the betrayal that had shattered my heart. I couldn't even fathom how much time had passed as I sat there, drowning in my own sorrow. But through the haze of my despair, I felt the comforting presence of my best friend, her arms enveloping me in a tight embrace. She did something she rarely did – she closed up the shop for the rest of the day, solely for my sake.

"Let's get away from here," she whispered, her voice filled with empathy, as she gently pulled me up from my seat.

Confused and still weeping, I managed to ask, "Where are we going?"

"Anywhere you want. We can even fly to Korea to see your sexy ass husband if that will make you feel better," Julia declared, determination lacing her words, as we settled into her sleek blue Audi.

Please vote and comment!!!

JJNiles...