˗ˋ 50

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter fifty ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon would miss their class at the academy that night, as would Jugyeong

Miyeon would miss their class at the academy that night, as would Jugyeong. She wasn't entirely sure about Soojin, Sooa and Taehoon, but considering they had all missed the beginning of the class, it was likely they weren't planning on returning.

After the final punch had been thrown, their biggest priority was getting out of there. And so, Soojin had stepped forward and linked arms with both Jugyeong and Miyeon, pulling them out of the karoke room and the building compeltely, emerging onto the street below.

Both girls were incredibly shaken up, and it was decided quickly that Seojun would take Miyeon home and Suho would take Jugyeong - they would keep in touch with the others via text and tell them if the two girls were alright or not.

"Would you rather I call a cab or walk you home?" Seojun asked, as Suho and Jugyeong climbed into a taxi and Soojin, Sooa and Taehoon took off.

"Walk.. I think.. I'm not sure. I can't really feel my legs." Miyeon's hand was trembling as she spoke. "But I should be fine - so walk."

"Come on then." Seojun said, holding out his arm and frowning down at her when she rather delicately placed her hand where he suggested. "What good is that going to do?" He asked. "If you fall over and you're holding on like that, you've got no hope."

His words were harsh, but his actions didn't seem to match as he lifted her hand and placed it further along, where it could actually help if she felt any worse.

They began to walk in silence, the Han boy having known Miyeon for far too long to not know that in situations like this, if she wanted to talk she would and if he wanted to say something - well he would save it for later.

"I pity the girl who you eventually date." She finally said, as they began to walk down a rather long set of stairs. "I don't blame you for what happened, but you know why they took me? Because they thought I was your girlfriend."

"Yeah.. Sungyong mentioned that." Seojun winced as the realisation flooded over him and that it was mostly his fault. "I hope the fighting can make up for that."

"I suppose it'll do." Miyeon replied, looking up at him with a small smile. "Woah-" She exclaimed, as her legs felt a little like jelly and she almost lost her footing.

"Come on, lets sit down for a little bit." He said, pulling her to the side and pulling off his jacket, wrapping it around her shoulders and sitting next to her, adjusting the collar of his shirt.

"Thank you, and for everything in there." Miyeon said, crossing her legs and moving her skirt, the jacket almost slipping off her shoulder but she caught it just in time. "You're strange." She looked towards him, laughing when she saw his expression.

"I just punched that idiot a load of times for you and you call me strange - Hwang Miyeon, I think that's you." It wasn't exactly how he would usually act, but even if he wasn't aware, he would've done anything to make her feel better.

A laugh escaped her lips, and he knew he had done his job. "I just mean.. you're so hot and cold. You tell me I'm a murderer and then you're saving me and Jugyeong from a bully." She said, the smile slipping off her cheeks and she sat up, looking down to the bottom of the stairs.

All humour had left Seojun's face, and he stayed silent for a moment. "I don't think this should be the time for us to talk about this." He replied, clearing his throat.

"You're right." Miyeon stood up, jacket still wrapped around her shoulders. "I shouldn't have brought it up.. I just.." She swayed slightly on her feet, and sat back down. "I don't know.. It's been strange since I came back."

Her eyes flickered over to Seojun, looking conflicted. A moment later and Seojun had mirrored her actions, jumping up out of his seat. "Let's get you home. You should rest, we can talk about this another time."

He held out his hand, fingertips brushing against the bracelet once more as Miyeon placed her hand in his, the boy pulling her up, watching as she took a step forward, wobbling. "Come here." He said with a sigh, and without letting her protest, Seojun had picked her up, arm curled under her legs.

"Just until we get to the bottom of the stairs. Then I'm going to call us a cab." He said, a sigh escaping his lips as he began to carefully descended down the stairs. "Have you been eating properly?" Seojun asked suddenly, Miyeon not even moving to look at him.

"Gosh." Seojun sighed as he got no reaction. "You bring all this food to mine for my mom, but you don't eat properly yourself."

"I try to, I promise I do. It's just hard when my mom is home most days." Miyeon replied, the pair reaching the bottom of the stairs and Seojun carefully putting her down.

And as they wandered around looking for a taxi, it was almost as if that conversation had already happened, and they had managed to get through it all.

It was almost like before, when everything was fine.