˗ˋ 77

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter seventy-seven ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

The school week had passed in days of strange interactions between Suho and Jugyeong, other students looking on and wondering what had happened

Miyeon was the only one who truly knew, and she also knew how to keep things to herself.

The Hwang girl had continued to stay with Suho, but had began planning ways that she could manage to get her own place to stay. It wouldn't be easy, but she was hoping that she could ask her father for money.

He was, by far, the better parent to her and person in general. She hadn't spoken to him since she had left, but from what Eunjoo told her, Hwang Sangwon was rather upset by the ordeal.

So much so that Yujin hadn't been by the house in days, having packed a bag and left. Eunjoo had become Miyeon's only source of news on her parents, and she had taken what the housekeeper had told her into account.

And so, as Suho disappeared from the house to a mall quite a bit away for his date with Jugyeong, Miyeon had arranged to meet up with someone in real estate, to look around a few apartments.

Miyeon wasn't sure how to approach the subject on moving out with Suho just yet, but seeing as she wasn't comfortable going by herself, she had to enlist help.

And with Suho staying in the dark about this idea, Jugyeong unknowingly providing the Hwang girl with the opportunity to look around - but that also meant she was unavailable - Miyeon had one person left who she was truly comfortable going with, Han Seojun

It lined up perfectly with what he had said before as well about going out to eat and letting her get some actual food in her, rather than just takeout.

"Remind me why I decided to spend my Saturday with you looking for apartments? I could've been getting things done." Seojun walked alongside her, long legs meaning that Miyeon had to speed up in order to keep up with him.

"Because.. you owe it to me. After all this time of blaming me and hating me." Miyeon replied, Seojun letting out a sigh of resignation.

"How many times are you going to use that as an excuse to get me to do things?" He asked, head tilting as he asked the question, eyes not moving away from where he was walking.

"Not sure yet, perhaps until it's sunk - hey, we should eat there!" Miyeon cut herself off, glancing down at her phone. "We still have an hour before the appointment and you said that we should go out and eat at some point."

"...I could eat." Seojun nodded, heading towards the shop.

Within half an hour they were sat at a table, various bowls in front of them and a promise of a good meal. "Have you figured out what you're doing to do yet? For the career options?" Seojun, of course, was referring to the table on the sheets of paper that Mr Han had handed out whilst talking of guiding them through their college entrance tests.

On the table at the bottom of the sheet, one of the boxes had asked about their desired career. And Miyeon had a bit of a problem with. As did Seojun.

"I could ask you the same question." Miyeon looked up over at him. "What on earth are we going to do?"

"That depends, Hwang Miyeon." So far, Seojun had been perfectly happy just sitting there, not eating just yet. But with his reply, he sat up and picked up a pair of chopsticks, taking a mouthful of food.

"Depends on what, exactly?" Miyeon felt as if she perhaps knew the answer already, but wanted to here him say it.

"If you.. or me, I suppose, wish to return to the industry we were previously in." Seojun looked up from his food. "Do we want to look at proper jobs, or do we want to become trainees again, and have a chance to debut."

"I don't know what I want to do. That is what I'm good at.. singing, dancing, songwriting. But it's so cruel." Miyeon shook her head, getting rid of any thoughts that had surfaced.

"You would be a good idol." Miyeon's gaze flickered upwards. "Really, I mean it." Seojun insisted. "But you should also know that we're about to miss our first appointment." He said rather suddenly, after glancing at his phone.

Swearing under her breath, Miyeon jumped up out of her seat, Seojun rushing to do the same. He was truly glad that she had chosen him to come and help her on her mission to find an apartment.

See, Seojun had quite the habit of worrying about Miyeon. He seemed to know when was something wrong, and no matter how much he claimed to hate her, that hate would disappear in an instance so that he could help her.

Through Miyeon's explanation, Seojun managed to get a friend back, out of the three that he lost. He didn't have the ability to bring back the third, and wasn't exactly looking to befriend the second.

It was with his utmost pleasure that he settled for the first, feeling happier than he had in a while.