Chapter 2

Checking the address one last time, the young woman tucked the slip of paper into the purse and walked across the street. Heels clacking against the pavement, the door was opened by an attendant who welcomed her inside. She smiled back in greeting before getting a good look at the interior of the building. It screamed high class with its gold trimmed cases and state-of-the-art stands for the more impressive items, while the gold banners led up the stairs to the second floor to overlook the first with a lavish balcony.

The associates were all dressed to the nines in suits and black dresses, hair properly combed back so not a single strand looked out of place. Momo had made the right decision to look up their clientele on the website before arriving to blend in better. She already stood out due to her age as others shopping in the store were in their late thirties to sixties. Socialites that were likely looking for the next addition to their collection for another event. Though Momo was twenty, she could easily pass for being eighteen or younger, which caused a few workers to look at her a bit strangely from across the room. Definitely her age since she was already dressed to impress.

The baby blue dress came to the knees in a pencil skirt type fashion, a modest V-neck at the top exposing the collarbone as the shoulders boxed a bit before coming down halfway on the upper arm. Her purse was a bluish-white with a silver chain, high heels matching the color. Even the thief's hair was straightened into place framing her facial features. With a lot of hairspray, of course. There was no possible way it would remain this pristine without its help and did not wish to appear windblown from walking the streets. Everyone else arrived by car or limousine at the front.

Momo watched behind large sunglasses that had a thin silver rim when a middle-aged man began to approach, removing the item and offering a warm smile with light pink stained lips. The make-up she wore complimented the outfit and accented the eyes in a way the young woman was certain a younger male associate at the nearest counter blushed before quickly turning away.

"Welcome," the man greeted, extending a hand. She shook back with a firm grip that seemed to please him. "How may I help you today? Did you have anything in mind?"

"I didn't really come in here with a plan," Momo answered. "I accompanied my father on his business trip and heard about this place from friends. I decided to look through what you have to offer when I was in the area for lunch."

"May I inquire as to who your references were?"

She expected this. Not only for the pleasant conversation for their transaction, but to be sure that she had rich acquaintances. The young woman wasn't a typical client. There wasn't a father figure present with the credit card or a posse of friends for a girls' day out in the city. But the young woman could not be too specific if he decided to inquire into any of the said references.

"They live throughout Europe. Sometimes they come on holiday to the city and enjoy stopping by to see your latest shipment."

Now she had his full attention from the way his grin grew. "Ah yes, we have a large client base beyond New York City thanks to word of mouth. This way please, Miss..."

"Ghim."

"Miss. Ghim. Is there a particular gem you like to wear or are you looking for something regarding a special occasion?"

"A special occasion."

They bypassed the first floor and walked up the staircase to the second level. While those on display upon walking in were remarkable their cuts and uses were more common for those in high society. The second level was for formal events when wishing to show off. The designs alone would not be worn on an outing to a restaurant or meet up with friends. These were for parties, formal events, and dinners with clients. While those activities were not on Momo's schedule, she allowed the associate to talk about the history of the company and point out a few items as they walked. However, there was only one thing she had in mind, glancing around him to see the true object of desire. They were getting closer, but the man had no intention of showing it off when they nearly passed.