Chapter 7

None looked forward to explaining to their father where they had been this whole time. And why they came back with a human. They were due back nearly an hour ago to line up with the conclusion of his meditation. To avoid being caught they had gone on a secret patrol above ground.

"We're gonna go back to the Ha'shi," Raph grumbled.

Donatello peeled off from the path to the dojo behind his brothers. There was a section of the lair set up near his work station, a medical bay of sorts, that also worked as a lab. A medical table sat in the center, much larger than the standard sized ones on the surface to accommodate their bulky figures. Placing the human on the surface she looked even smaller in comparison.

He turned on a light before hesitantly reaching forward to feel around the neck area for the edge of the mask only to realize it had been tucked into the high collar. Donatello began to gently tug revealing the pale skin underneath bit by bit. The turtle wanted to be sure he didn't wake her up and was careful not to jostle the injury to the back of the head. He became rather stunned by what was underneath. It wasn't that the thief was severely disfigured or sported a scar of any kind that needed the mask to hide it. Her features were flawless, to him at least. Though maybe it had something to do with the fact that his interactions with humans to this point had been zero. Unless the Foot Clan counted...

Short dark strands of hair reached the thief's chin and framed the jaw and cheek bones in an almost messy manner from the many layers cut into it. Then there was the pale skin standing in contrast with it and the dark clothing, with long dark lashes and pink lips that had the upper part defined by a prominent cupid bow feature. Shaking his head, Donatello carefully removed the paint around the eyes before turning the young woman's head to the side. The turtle began examining the area that had been hit. It swelled considerably. The strands were a bit crusted from slight bleeding due to a minor split in the skin from the force of the attack, but thankfully no stitches were needed. Ice would do the trick and headache medicine knowing when the human woke up she'd have a killer one.

Walking briskly into the kitchen Donatello filled up a plastic bag with ice before tying it at the top on his way back. He tried to take his time, worried for what waited in the dojo. The fact that his brothers had yet to emerge to ask questions about the thief made his concern grow. How angry was Splinter? The turtle, unfortunately, couldn't hide out forever. With a sigh, Donatello managed to figure out a way to keep the ice pack pressed against the injury in his absence and moved from the lab, closing the sliding door behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momo woke up alone. Her eyes squinted when they fluttered open in an attempt to stop herself from seeing double. Even lying down the room spun, a hand reaching up to clasp the side of her head. Most likely she had a minor concussion from the blow. A hiss escaped moments later accidentally brushing against the edge of the injury. There was something cool back there as well, feeling around at the plastic bag that collected condensation from the melting ice inside. Someone tried patching her up, but who? And when things finally came back into focus, Momo glanced around. She didn't recognize her surroundings and asked herself another question: Where was she?

The only sounds came from some screens on one side of the room, dimly illuminated from not being used. There was even a mess of gadgets lining various shelves and disassembled parts. It seemed to be a workroom of some sort... and a medical ward? Her eyes examined the bandages and other medical items lying on the surface beside her. At least, upon further investigation, the young woman realized that she hadn't been tied down. That was a good sign, slowly sitting up and squeezing her eyes shut from the head rush. That blow hurt something awful. A sane person would remain lying flat to try and rest until things go better, but this wasn't a normal situation. Momo needed to get out of here before whoever took her came back.