X. The Queen & King Of Wakanda

Chapter Ten
Olivia

The dress is beautiful. It's cream colored, floor length, with a sheer fabric over top that makes it shimmer. A fan is attached to the back, it goes as high as my neck, and is attached to the bodice by a panther claw necklace. I'm also wearing a pair of Mom's earrings, they're diamond, they match Zy's. Zy's kaftan and pants is the same as mine. It's the same color, with the same shimmering fabric, and he's wearing his own panther claw necklace. Lee and Stevie are helping him with his shoes while Jo helps me French braid my hair.

"Your hair is my new worst enemy, it won't stay in place." Jo grumbles.

"Sorry?" I respond, not knowing what else to say.

"Your hair is beautiful," Zy says, his eyes looking over every inch of my body. "You're beautiful."

I feel my cheeks heat up and a smile curve onto my lips. "So are you."

"As much as I love the dress, I can't wait to take it off of you." Is his next response, and there's a twinkle in his eyes that makes my blush deepen.

Jo makes a gaging noise. "Save it for the honeymoon."

"Have you decided where you're going?" Lee asks no one in particular.

There's a smugness in Zy's expression as he reveals the location: "Buckingham Palace."

Jo, Stevie, and Lee all freeze, their mouths gaping open.

"Come again?" Stevie says breathlessly.

"I talked with the head of parliament at the last World Security Council meeting. He said he owed me a favor from when I helped him with food supplies when the Skrulls first settled there. So I asked if he could get the king to allow us to stay in the palace for the next five days. He was successful."

"You have to get me one of the books from the palace library," Jo practically demands, her fingers tightening on my hair. "I don't care what book, I just have to get my hands on one."

"We're not going to steal from the palace, Jo." I wince from her tight grip and slap her hands away, glaring at her in the mirror in front of us.

Jo looks to Zy, who after a sigh, says: "I'll see what I can do."

Jo gives me a smug look as she ties off the braid, stepping back to admire her work. She shakes her head and mumbles to herself: "Damn I'm good."

I roll my eyes, letting out a soft chuckle. "You're supposed to be complimenting me, not yourself."

"Just because it's your wedding day doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly act nice to you."

Stevie and Lee finish up helping Zy as well and move over to where Jo stands, smiles on each of their faces, though I'm sure Jo's is only because of her handiwork with my hair. To her credit, she helped with my makeup too, and with a quick glance in the mirror, at the finished look, I think she's earned the smug expression.

"You look beautiful, sis," Stevie says softly, winking at me. "And so do you, Zy. You probably already know this, but you've always been a brother to me. I'm glad it's going to be official now."