Dreams pt 2

Miaka was still stuck on the ship the next morning. She woke up by Nami, wondering how Sanji carried her from the crow's nest without waking her up. She brushed it aside and got ready for the day. It was still early morning where Miaka had enough time to get ready before the crack of dawn broke the night sky. Miaka snuck out of the room silently and walked across the deck to the railings. She wore another outfit that this Miaka had in her little trunk. It was a dark green tank top with small jolly roger symbol that matched her, including the blood splatter pattern on behind her skull head. If anyone figured, it was just a cat eared skull. She wore jean shorts that went to her mid thigh and had her boots on. Her hat still stayed on her head as she stared out into the horizon. The sun was rising as she stared out into the day.  

'Beautiful isn't it?' She looked over to her left to see someone familiar. It's...this world's Miaka. For her own confusion's sake, she named her as Mi. She appeared as a transparent figure, like a ghost. She had a smile as she looked out into the horizon of her world. Her other version's eyes faced her doppelgänger's. Despite the two being the same person, there was an obvious change. Not just by physical appearance, but by their eyes. Mi was relieved from her past. She kept her past in her head, but was not as tortured about it as Miaka was sometimes.

 'How is it, being in my shoes?' 

"... It's...nice. Almost peaceful." Miaka gave her answer thoughtfully.

'Ha! If you end up staying for more than a week, see if you'll say the same thing, hanging out with Luffy and the others. The marines doesn't help much.' Mi laughed. 

"So did we switch bodies or something? Or are you stuck in your mind into the farthest reaches while I got the stick?" Mi only smiled and laughed again at her other self's serious expression. 

'I forgot how smart we are. I never really had to think past any more than a few steps or to completion in a rush. We switched bodies. It seemed to be on my part since I used an ability that is based in this world. Anyways, I saw your setups. You still think of life as survival when you are being hunted.'

"You don't?" Miaka had a slight annoyed look, slightly jealous. 

'Not as much as when I came here. I still do it though'

"So what happened? Luffy only gave me things from his side. I want to know what was on my mind." Miaka looked over to Mi. Envy gnawed at her mind, jealous of what she could be.

'After we died, I was to spread to the virus where I would have receeded in age. Then,  I came to in a jungle and I was taken in by the bandits that was raising Luffy and our brothers.'

"Ace and Sabo."

'Yep. I made them believe I was mute. so that I couldn't answer whatever questions they wanted to ask, like about our horns. After some time, I...relaxed.' 

"Despite the giant animals?" Mi snickered at the memories.

'Despite the giant animals yes." smirked the older alternate self, reminiscing about all her misadventures in this world. 'I had gotten so comfortable around them. One day out of instinct, I protected them, using my vectors. Something they never seen before. I told them everything that night. They just wanted to see on what I can do and they vowed to protect me from anyone who would come after me. Ever since then, I was able to relax more and more until they truly became my brothers. It was the weight of the world being lifted off of my shoulders.'

"What about the symbiotic voice?" Miaka asked. "I haven't heard yours. We never really heard ours before traveling. I'm going to assume that the voice appears depending on the world we come to and situations. Mine manifested." 

'Mine hasn't spoken for years. What do you mean manifested?' Mi asked her counterpart.

"Mine became an visual manifestation."