Time to let someone else in

AN: I am combining both the anime and manga in some aspects so spoilers. Also Elfen lied is a science fiction anime that has gore and psychological parts to it. This will not be nice. Read to your own discretion.

Miaka groaned as she laid in something comfortable. It felt different from her nest at home. Her eyes opened to see a white ceiling. She sat up slowly since her body was still telling her to lie down. Something plopped on her lap and saw it was a rag. It was fairly damp. 

'That's right. Izuku came by and I was sick.' Her eyes drifted around as she saw the familiar apartment when Izuku would bring her to dinner. She saw Inko come out from the kitchen.

"Oh Miaka-chan! You're awake!" Inko went to the back rooms. Miaka only watched as she saw her bag of her things by her side. She heard footsteps and saw Inko with a glass of water and a couple of pills. "Izuku left for exercising. He'll come back later." Miaka nodded and took her medicine.  "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes thank you, Inko-san."

"You're welcome, but I must ask..." This was the moment that Miaka had figured would happen if she stayed with Izuku longer. After she hadn't grown in a year and a half, she had to tell Inko that she was going to school and wouldn't be able to play with Izuku as often. "why haven't you grown in all these years? You're not malnourished, but yet you haven't grown or aged a bit."

"..."

"...Miaka..."

"I can't tell you."

"Does it have to do with the marks on your back and thighs?" Miaka looked over to the Mother Midoriya. 

'She must have given me a bath.'

"I will not ask more, but please come by more often. I can see that something happened to you and your non-aging is a part of it. I found a leaf in your hair, so please come by or at the very most, stay here with me and Izuku." Miaka looked over to Inko. She couldn't... Miaka had another reason why she stayed in the forest. 

"I can't. I can't do it to you and Izuku. Please understand this." Miaka's voice was hoarse and weak as she spoke. "I can't stay with you. For your safety and my consideration."

"Your non-aging may have stopped you at 15 years old, but you are like an adult mentally. I can see it in your eyes. Please see the sense to stay here." Inko asked Miaka. As a mother, she can't stand to see a child alone by themselves with no one to care for them. As a woman, she can think of them many things that can happen to a young woman out there, especially in the dark. She couldn't stand the thought of the girl who had befriended her son in so much danger.

"I do." Miaka paused to cough. " It would be easier to stay, but I need to be out there."

"But why?" Miaka stayed quiet. She needed to let in Izuku and Inko in what she does and why she does anything. Someone needed to know. Nezu doesn't know, but he could pick up some parts since his sense of intelligence was higher.

"... I will tell you later."

"Of course." Inko smiled sadly and nodded. "I will let you rest. I'll bring you some food and medicine." She left Miaka to her thoughts. When one is left with their thoughts, it is usually a dangerous thing. In this case, it applies as well. Miaka was left with organizing her life and how she got here. It didn't help her mind was foggy with illness. She had never told anyone where, how, and why she was here. The dicloius supposed it was good to reflect on her life.

After coming out of her flu within a few days, Miaka decided to bring in Inko and Izuku to tell them about her past and everything about her. She might be seen differently from Inko and Izuku, but she knew that the Midoriyas have earned her trust.