Sick

Miaka laid in her nest. She was thinking on Nezu's offer. As much as she wanted to help, she had to consider the outcomes of what could happen. The first one was the reveal of her existence. Call it paranoia, but when you have been captured before, ran from said captors, and wanting to hide from them, you hide every possible trace of your being. She needed to keep herself hidden to make sure no one can get a sample of her blood. The second was her grasp of herself. She was losing. Ever since she came to this world, there was something growing louder. Before, she was able to quell and even silence it. This world was different.  Every day and night, the voice in her mind has not quelled. It would constantly tell her to spread the diclonius virus. To make everyone like her, so she wouldn't be alone. Lately, it has gotten worse. It was roaring and shrieking in her head. Without having much of distractions, there were times she was left with her thoughts and the voice. The silence amplified the voice in her mind. It was as if it was yelling into a loudspeaker at point blank range. 

She turned on her side and just laid there with something watching and sitting on another tree where Miaka could stare back. There was also something that has developed recently. A mental manifestation. The voice inside her mind had taken form as herself. She showed up three months ago when Miaka was left alone for a few days. It was a glimpse, but now it was there before her. The voice looked like Miaka. The only difference was the cold dark pink eyes and crazed smile. Miaka had deemed it "Akako". Not that the eyes were different from her own, there was the blood that stained her hands. Miaka supposed it was to represent the many times she had to kill people to escape or protect. Akako wore what Miaka wore on her last day of living in her homeworld. Akako had her hair tied in a low ponytail. She wore all black with a very large black hoodie. She also wore a pair of jeans that were tucked into a pair of combat boots. Akako was smiling as she talked to Miaka, who continued to lay during her tirade.

"Come on. You'll be fufilling both of our  wants." Akako said, perching on a branch and scanning her nails as if there was dirt underneath all the blood stained hands.

"And what would that be?" Miaka asked, wondering what this part of her psyche would say. Akako just sighed and smiled.

"If you haven't realized, you want to become a hero because there's a chance to help those like us. I want you to become one because it's a way to spread the virus and spill blood."

"Which is why I don't want to." Akako scoffed. 

"You know in your heart you want to. For someone to feel our pain. To have them feel what we felt. The despair of our kind. You want people to know of it. It's a pain that humans are a cause of." Miaka sat up and faced Akako.

"Not all of them. Not these ones. We let this virus die with us!" Miaka breathed deeply. "You know as well as I do that the pain hurts. More than what any other person will ever know in their lives." Akako stayed silent. "The feeling of fear when we run. The fear of being captured. The fear where we might get felt up, humiliated, or experimented on. The anger of the stupidity of human." Miaka paused as she leaned forward. "The loneliness of having to be the only one who will ever feel like that. The sadness of what my life had resulted in." She glared at Akako, who had yet to reply. "No one should have to LIVE like this! No one should have to FEEL this pain!!" Silence once again filled the air. Miaka's eyes were felt with resolution. Akako shrugged.

"So why not?" Miaka narrowed her eyes. "Why not be a hero?" Miaka had a bit of confusion her eyes. What was going on here? "You want to live the dream that you didn't have. You were basically one at home. Why not become one?" 

"What's with the change?" Miaka asked, suspicious of the change.

"I may be a symbiotic voice in your head that runs on the primal level of what all dicloinii have in their minds, but I am still you." Akako shrugged and leaned against the thick part of the tree she was sitting on. "I am the part of your mind that holds all the deep feelings you have. The feral side and the sensible part of you. I already knew you wanted to be a hero, but the thoughts in your head prevents it. It just needed to be drawn out. Just do it." She faded away from Miaka's sight and left the diclonius to herself. Miaka sighed and allowed her body to melt down into her nest. Now she was mentally more exhausted than before. Akako was just as confusing. What was with the sudden change of her mind? She closed her eyes, not knowing what she was going to do. She may have been on the side of angels, but she was anything but. Could it change?