Chapter 20

Rebecca pov

"morning." I say tiredly. Colby pushes hair out of my face. He moves his thumb around my cheek. I smile and blush a little bit.

"Morning baby." He leans in and presses his lips to mine.

Funny thing, I always thought that kissing a guy with a beard would always tickle but after almost 6 months of dating it doesn't bother me one bit.

We get out of bed and start to get ready for the day. While colbys in the shower his phone begins to ring. Me not being the nosey girlfriend I am, I decide to not look. It goes to voice mail and I continue to brush my hair. As I brush my hair , it rings again. I get up from my seat to see who it is.

"Don't answer it." Colby says from the bathroom. "It's probably one of those scammers." Wait- how did he know I got up. I shrug and walk back over to the bed and finish my hair.

"Ready baby?" Colby says. I turn around and he stops in his tracks. "Wow."

"What?" I say smiling

"What?" I say smiling. He shakes his head and smiles. I grab my over the head purse and phone and we head out the door.

We go to a near by breakfast place. Colby pulls my chair out for me before going over to his side and sitting down.

I can't help but notice that as I'm looking at the menu Colby is looking at me. But not in a "wow your beautiful kind of way." More of "I wanna fuck u kind of way." I play it off and go back to reading the menu.  A slim young woman walks over to our table. Based on her outfit I can tell that she is a waiter. She has long brown hair that goes just past her shoulder.

"Hi I'm Katie and I'll be your order this morning. Are you guys ready to order or are you still deciding?" She asks. Colby gives me a quick glance. I nod my head slightly.

"We're ready to order." He says. "I'll have coffee with cream and blueberry pancakes without the cream." He says. She turns to me.

"And for you miss?" She asks sweetly.

"I'll have an iced coffee and pancakes with strawberries and cream." She nods her head after jotting down our orders. She smiles once more before walking away.

"Cream huh?" Colby teases.

"Hey it's cheat day okay. I deserve it especially after last night. I mean look at my elbow!" I say showing my scab to him. He chuckles slightly and nods his head. We talk a little bit more and joke too before our food arrives.