:: FOUR ::

Word count: 1146
3/3/21 @ 9:32pm
[edited]

Luke
———

I've no idea why I am dancing with 3 people I have just met tonight but I do know that I have consumed a large amount of alcohol in the last 4 hours.

I had woken up with quite a hangover today and I was extremely shocked and confused when I saw the tiny brunette sleeping on my pillow when I opened my eyes. It took me about 2 minutes for last nights memories to come flooding back and suddenly I remembered it all.

I couldn't believe that Olivia I had slept with was the Olivia that Ashton had been telling me about for the past week. One of his best friends for years now.

I was standing at the open bar, watching Olivia as she walked back into the hall with her arms wrapped around herself, clearly shivering as she made her way over towards me.

I hadn't spoken to her much today, ever since the news broke to us that we will be seeing a lot more of each other (than we already have), she had been busy all day.

She looks unbelievably gorgeous in that dress.

Maybe that's the alcohol talking, I'm not sure

"Hey, stranger" she grinned, coming up and standing beside me at the bar.

"Hey" I smiled. "How are you?"

"In desperate need for a drink" she laughed. "Today has been the longest day ever and it's only...what time is it?" She asked me, realising she didn't have her phone on her.

"It's...7:45" I read off my phone before stuffing it back into my suit pocket.

"Yep. Definitely the longest day ever" she groaned.

"Can I get you a drink?" I offered

"Yeah, please" she said. "I am planning on taking full advantage of this open bar tonight"

"Yeah. Me too" I laughed. The bartender walked over to us, asking what we would like.

"Vanilla vodka and Diet Coke?" I asked, raising my eyebrows to see if she was going to be drinking the same as last night.

"Yes please"

I ordered us both a drink before spotting Jack and my parents walking through the door to the hall.

"Oh! There's my family" I told Olivia, watching as she turned around to see them.

I waved them over, watching as they made their way towards us.

"Hey, guys" I hugged them all again, I hadn't seen them since the ceremony because they went upstairs to freshen up before the party.

"Luke! How much have you had to drink?" My mum scalded with a small smile before looking down at Olivia.

"Jeez mum, leave me alone" I whined. "This is Olivia. My... friend?" It came out as more of a question really. "Well, yeah my friend. We uh-" I was now just stuttering, unsure of what to say.