~ sprained ankle ~

"Are you almost done packing yet?" Noya asks Asahi over the phone.

"Almost. Just gotta get my stuff from the bathroom the morning of."

"Ugh, how are you not bored out of your mind?!" he lets out an exasperated sigh. "What time do I have to meet you at the airport at then?"

"Like 2 am since you wanted to go to one of the cafes there before I leave. Suga and Daichi are gonna wait for us by the general entrance."

"Okay, sounds good. I'll come over later and we can hang out for one last time before you leave forever!" Noya fake sniffs.

"I'll see you soon Nishi." Asahi says as he laughed.

As soon as he hung up, a loud THUD was heard coming from the kitchen downstairs. Startled, Asahi rushes down after hearing a pained 'Asahi-!'.

He stumbles down the staircase, holding onto the railing to steady himself before rushing to his mother.

He finds her grasping at her ankle, wincing in pain on the floor with a stool on its side next to her. He's panicking, not knowing what to do as he sputters, trying to get a word of of his mouth.

"God, stupid child, lift me up, dammit!" she opens up her arms for Asahi to finally grasp ahold of his senses as he easily carried his short and stout mother to the living room on the couch. Without a second thought, he goes back to the freezer and grabs her an ice pack along with a square of paper towel to avoid any condensation from getting on her hands.

"Do you think it's broken?" he asks timidly as he places the wrapped ice pack on her right ankle and crouches beside the couch.

"I've broken my ankle a few years before you were born, and this doesn't hurt nearly as much as that. Probably just a little sprain." she explains. "Oh dear!" she exclaims as she smacks her left hand to her forehead. "Who's going to drive you to the airport now?! Your fathers on a business trip!"

His eyes widen. Sure his friends have their licenses, but no car. Anyone meeting him at the airport are taking the train there and back.

"How about y/n? She's very responsible, smart, sweet, and has a car to use." his mom winked at him as he felt his face heat up in embarrassment. The last time the two of them had expected to see each other was the day after graduation, and even then, your parting words were just a simple 'don't get lost at the airport!' and 'I'm sure Asahis tall enough to work his way around!' (Noya was exceptionally bothersome that night).

"I don't know, mom. It's just tomorrow and I dunno if she'd be okay with driving so late at night-"

"Asahi Azumane. Call her. Now."

Unless he wanted to get mocked and made fun of by his own mother, he regrettably picked up his phone and dialled her number, which he knew by heart.

"Hello?"

Oh that voice is what he missed. A month is far too long.

"Hi, y/n"
He stands up from his position by the couch and slowly walks to the kitchen, wondering what to say next.

"Asahi? You still there?"

It's like he could see her head tilting slightly whenever she was confused.

"I guess there's no other way to say this, but my mom just hurt her ankle, and she was supposed to drive me to the airport tomorrow."

Was this going where she thinks it's going?

"...yeah?"