~ christmas morning ~

After I help cleaning up and have a long conversation with Haru about makeup since she was curious about mine, I find myself sitting on the couch, waiting for Asahi to come back from the kitchen with yet another cup of tea. As he came back to sit down beside me, I couldn't help but smile at him having used the mug I'd gifted him.

He sits relatively close to me, thighs almost touching, him still nervous around me. To be honest,I couldn't blame him. I had only confessed a few weeks ago, and it hasn't even been a semester since we first met.

Trying to make it easier for poor Asahi, I grab his arm and throw it around my shoulders, nuzzling my face into his neck, planting a soft kiss at the exposed skin. He was so amazing. I start getting a bit choked up while my face starts nuzzling into his chest instead. His thumb starts gently rubbing circles on my arm and holds both my hands with his free one.

"Thank you... for inviting me. I had a lot of fun." my voice slightly cracks and turns into a laugh at the end.

"Hey." he leans back a little to look at my face, widening his eyes at my reddening ones.

"I'm okay," I sit back up straight. "just happy tears, that's all." I sniffle.

"I had fun too." he says, still looking into my eyes.

We both smile at each other, him gently pecking my lips and resting our foreheads together for a couple of seconds, rubbing circles over my hands once again as I savoured the gentle acts of intimacy.

"Lay down." I order.

"What??" Asahis eyes widen, mine following shortly after as I let out a snort.

"I meant lay down so I can lay on you and we can watch a dumb Christmas movie together before I leave." I laugh at his shocked face going back to his regular nervous expression.

He lays down, holding his arms out as he beckons me to move over onto him.

"Just tell me if I get a bit too heavy, okay?" I say.

"Heavy?" he replies.

"Yeah" I say in embarrassment.

"You won't be y/n, don't worry. Cmere"

I grab the remote, turning on the tv as I try finding some cheesy Christmas movie to watch as his strong arms wrap around my torso. He was warm, I was cold, and I loved it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Waking up the next morning, surprised we both fell asleep, I push myself up off his chest and go to the bathroom. Falling asleep in my makeup is terrible, some of my eyeliner spread onto the temples of my face after moving around on Asahis sweater that night. I gently wipe the smudges off and rinse out my dry mouth.

I walk back down his stairs again to see him still sprawled out on the couch fast asleep. His mom and sister were already in the kitchen, looking through the fridge for something to eat.

"Hey" said Haru. To be completely honest, she was a lot more different than I had expected. Asahi was nothing like his upbeat mother and casual half sister.

I greet them both back and ask if I could be of any help.

"You could start off making the coffee for now. Haru and I can get started on everything else."

I give a light smile and start boiling the water. Once the coffee started brewing, Haru turned to speak to me.

"Are you not uncomfortable right now? In those clothes, I mean."

"A little bit, but I live so close by that I can stay in these until I get home after breakfast." I say as I cleanup any stray coffee grounds.

"Could you stay after breakfast for a bit too?" she asked bashfully.