Chapter 3: Not home yet

The turtles once again tumbled out of the portal, but this time, before they could untangle themselves, Bree fell on top of the puppy-pile. Luckily, Raph's shell broke her fall.

"OW!" She shouted, rubbing her bruised tailbone

"Bree? What are you doing here?"  Leo demanded.

"Yeah!" whined Mikey, "You promised you'd stay behind!"

"Technically yes, technically no." She replied simply. The turtles exchanged a look, eye ridges furrowed.

"What?" Donnie finally asked.

Bree rolled her eyes. "I had my fingers crossed behind my back. Duh." She leaped nimbly from the pile.

"WHAT?? You used crossies?! No fair!" Mikey pouted.

"Sorry not sorry. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity like this! I know you guys do this all the time, but in my dimension, we only get this kind of excitement in books and movies."

"What about your family?" Leo asked

Bree faltered for a moment before replying confidently "My... sisters are out at the mall and my... parents, are with them. So I was home alone." Bree looked around, trying to find a change of subject. "Looks like you guys are home." Sure enough, they were in the sewers, they had landed right next to the Shell Razor.

"MY BABY!!!" Donnie ran up and hugged the side of the high-tech van.

"Umm... Donnie?" Leo asked. Donnie glanced over, his hand still caressing the side of his invention. "I don't think this is our Shell Razor."

"What do you mean-" then he saw it. While the turtle's was a barf green, stout and chunky weaponized garbage truck, this Shell Razor painted a purple so dark it was almost black. It also seemed smaller and more compact. There was a collective groan.

"Bros! We're not home?!" Mikey exclaimed

"And I won't get to meet Master Splinter, or April, or Casey!" Bree whined.

The turtles shot her side glares.

"What? Hey, maybe the Lair is in the same spot!" She took off down the tunnel.

"Umm...Bree?" Raph called out, smirking. Bree skirted to a stop and pivoted on her heels head cocked. "The Lair is that way." He pointed over his shoulder, which happened to be the opposite direction Bree was running.

"Oh. I knew that. I was just testing you." She replied confidently and took off in the right direction. The turtles rolled their eyes, smiling.