Chapter 9: Backwards, part 7

"Come ON, you guys! Those aren't the evil turtles! They're from a different dimension, and they're you guys! Only, you know, they're boys, and giant turtles, but that's not the point!" Bree whined. While she had been thinking of a way to convince the turtles that Miwa, Rocky, Maddy, and Danyella were good guys, they had scooped her up as the boys had back at the lair.

"If that were true, then why did they capture you in the middle of an innocent if not embarrassing conversation?" Danyella accused. Bree was being carried by Maddy, who was surprisingly strong despite her small frame. Danyella was running alongside them and has heard Bree complaining.

"Because they thought that you were trying to... actually, I'm not sure. But I do know that being thrown in a cage is rude! So... HA!" Bree spat. They ran all the way back to the lair, where the Teenage Human Ninjas put Bree in a cage that was suspended from the spiral stairs which fell from the ceiling. "What are you guys doing?" Bree demanded.

"Using you as bait," Danyella replied simply.

"Wait, what? Why? You don't need to lock me in a cage! We can talk this o-" but then Rocky tied Bree's wrists to one of the bars and gagged her. Uh-oh... Bree thought.

_********************************_

It had been nearly half an hour, if not a full one, that Bree had been swinging up in the cage. She was bored out of her mind! She had started counting the wooden boards of the spiral stairs. That's how bored she was. She lost count around fifty, so she began to hum a song. She wasn't very good at memorizing lyrics, even when she's heard the song a thousand times, so it was really just a mish-mash of everything she knew. The Teenage Human Ninjas had melted into the shadows as soon as she had been secure. She wondered vaguely if they were as bored as she was. She glanced at the entrance to the lair for the hundredth time and saw nothing but the gaping entryway with the Space Hero's pinball machine next to it. No turtles though. She sighed through the gag. But then she saw something. A flash of... green! Yes! But then she realized something. Her friends were walking blindly into a trap...