Chapter 21: Home agian

It had been a few weeks since Bree had awoken from her coma. She was almost fully healed, and allowed to roam the lair now. She and the turtles had gone back to their lair, and Bree had finally met April, Casey, and the good Splinter. Every other Friday, the Teenage Human Ninjas and (formerly menacing) Mike came over for a game night/movie night/pizza night. It was 10:30, and they had already watched a few episodes of Space Hero's. Everyone (except Leo and Miwa) were ready to play a game, and the majority voted on spin the bottle truth or dare. Bree hated this game with a passion, so she pretended to stifle a yawn.
"I'm so tired... and this game is stupid. Night y'all!" She flashed a peace sign, and retreated to the lair's guest room, where she had been staying.
"Who wants to go first?" Mikey asked, hiding his disappointment that Bree had left with his eagerness to play. Donnie smirked.
"I will." He made some quick mental calculations, and spun an empty Dr. Pepper bottle, so that it landed on... Mikey. Donnie framed an innocent, gap toothed smile, and Mikey bounced on his knees, excited.
"I dare you... to ask Bree out!" Mikey's grin faded.
"What? No way man!" He tried to protest, but it was too late, they hoisted him onto his feet, and were pushing him towards the guest room. Mikey was blushing profoundly, and protesting every shove of the way. Finally, they reached the plain brown door... Ralph nocked, and everyone ran. Except for Mikey, who was petrified in place.
"One sec." Bree called through the door. A minute later, she opened it. She stood before him, her long, pearly white night gown swishing with every movement. Her hair was pulled back, out of her face, which held no makeup, just a plain, simplistic beauty.
Mikey took a deep breath. A dare was a dare, after all.
"Would you-um, do you wanna-" this was harder than he thought. He rubbed the back of his neck, and she waited patiently. "Will you go out with me?"
Bree blinked once, twice. "One sec." she said, and slammed the door. What had he done wrong?

-**********************************-

Bree wheeled around, a grin plastered on her face. She knew Mikey was probably just asking her out on a dare, but she didn't care. She had daydreamed about this moment thousands of times, but now that it was here, she couldn't believe it. She grabbed a pillow off her bed and smashed it against her face, and began to squeal. After a solid minute of screaming her heart out, she opened the door, to a nervous Mikey.
"When and where?" She asked calmly.

THE END