Chapter 6: Meet the fam

"What? Wait, where are my friends? I need to talk to them!" Bree begged Miwa, suddenly worried for the turtles. Plus, she figured Donnie would be able to figure out what in the ever loving multiverse was going on.

"You mean the mutants? Rocky locked them up. What were you doing with The Turtles anyway? Did they kidnap you? Or are you working with Splinter?" Miwa paused suddenly, a new fear seeping into her head as she realized Bree might be the enemy. "I'm sorry, I need to talk to my sisters." Miwa said, her eyes glazed over with racing thoughts. She jumped up and ran towards the big metal doors that Bree was sure must have led to the lab.

"Wait! Kar- uh, Miwa! These aren't the same turtles!" But it was too late. Miwa had vanished behind the doors. Bree groaned and tried to stand up. Her legs felt like jello, like when she ran the mile at school. She gripped the edge of the couch and managed to inch her way across the room.

After agonizing minutes that felt like hours, she made it to the metal doors. They looked smaller on TV. Now, they were big and foreboding. Hushed voices wafted from inside. Bree pressed her ear to one of the doors, trying to catch a snippet of the conversation, but she was too late. It slid open, and Bree fell forward. This time, no one caught her.

"OW! Sewer apples..." she muttered, rubbing her sore nose.

She rolled over so that she was laying on her back, and found herself staring up into four pairs of eyes. One light hazel, another green/brown (Miwa, Bree knew), an acid green, and the last baby blue, all of whom were peering down at her with wonder.

The one with the baby blue eyes seemed more excited though.

"Oh. My. PINEAPPLE! You guys! Another human! What do you think her name is? Oh, um, hello, what's your name?" Said the baby blue-eyed girl. Wait... girl? If this was the turtle's lair, wouldn't they be mutants? The only human girl the turtles knew was April.

Miwa face-palmed and the one with green eyes rolled her emerald irises. Bree pushed herself into a sitting position. "Um... my name is Bree. Who are you?" Bree asked. All the other girls gasped and turned to Miwa. Wait... four girls? Again, April was the only girl the turtles knew.
Miwa shrugged and put her hands up in defense.

"I told you, she didn't know anything. It's like she's been living under a rock."

The one with hazel eyes peered down at Bree through wire-rimmed glasses that looked handmade. She extended a calloused hand, which Bree tentatively accepted. The help made it easier to  stand.

"Hello, Bree. My name is Danyella, but my family calls me Danny. These are my sisters. You already know our fearless leader, Miwa. Rockelle is the one with the lightning bolt scar on her cheek. She's the team hot-head. Call her anything other than Rocky and she'll break your nose." At this green-eyed girl cracked her knuckles, further proving Danny's point. Ignoring her sister, Danny continued "Last but not least is the sunflower of the family, Madeline, but everyone calls her Maddy. Together, my sisters and I made up The Teenage Human Ninjas!" Danny smiled, one of her front teeth missing.