Chapter 7: Explanations and escape plans

Bree looked again at the girls huddled around her. Danny had pale skin (probably from locking herself in her dark lab all the time. Her hair was cut in a bob, and she brushed some of it behind her ear. She wore a white lab coat over a purple t-shirt with a science pun, with a pair of black yoga pants.

Maddy's long, silky hair shimmered in the florescent lights, and Bree wondered how the sun would make it glow. Her tan face was sprinkled with freckles. She wore an orange and yellow tie-dye shirt, sweatpants, and fuzzy socks.

just under Rocky's eye was a scar that resembled the chip on Raph's carapace. She wore a red tank-top with thick straps and Nike pro shorts. Her hir was bright carrot orange, and styled in a jagged pixie cut.

"Ok, Bree, tell them more than what you told me," Miwa said. All four of the 'Teenage Human Ninjas', their Sensei, and Bree were sitting in the living room, eating pizza.

"But I didn't tell you anything." Bree protested.

"Exactly!" Miwa said, exasperated.

"I believe what my daughter is trying to say, is tell us your whole story, stranger." Teng Sheng intervened. She looked exactly as she had on the show, but her long, ebony hair was done up in a tight bun with grey streaks and chopsticks sticking out the top. She also had smile lines around her lips and eyes. She wore a long, cherry blossom pink kimono, with cherries embroidered into it. Bree also could help but notice that Teng Sheng's lips looked identical to Miwa's, in shape and color.

"Well, you wouldn't believe me if I told you," Bree said.

"Try us." Rocky challenged.  She was the most muscular of the sisters and had shoulder-length auburn hair that she kept in a tight ponytail tied with a red hairband. As Danyella had said, she had a lightning bolt scar on her right cheek, just below her eye. She also has on a red tank top and black workout shorts and had sweat all over her body. Bree guessed she had been training before she met her in the lab.

"Ok, you asked for it. I'm-" suddenly, Maddy interrupted.

"You from another dimension where humitagin (said hu-mi-tigin) doesn't exist and everyone's a human and mutants don't exist and your friends you came with are the stars of a TV show and our dimension is based on theirs?"

Bree blinked once, twice, three times before finally responding with a dumbstruck "Huh?"

-**********************************-

Leo was having another nightmare. In this one, he was running through a sewer tunnel, with foot bots chasing him, Shredder in the lead. His brothers were at his side, and all of them were terrified. One by one, they were taken by a bot, and pulled into the surging mass of minions. He couldn't stop to fight, or he'd be taken too, and there would be no one to save them. So he ran.
Leo bolted awake as he was overwhelmed by the mob. He looked around, panting, as he tried to gain his bearings. He was in a grimy iron cage, in an area that looked a lot like Donnie's lab, just organized differently. He looked down at his arm, which stung a little, and saw that, in his sleep, he had dislodged an IV needle that had been injecting something into him. Who knew what it had done. He then realized that his brothers were in similar cages with IVs in their arms two. One question remained. How was he going to wake his brothers?

-**********************************-

It had been an hour, and so far, Bree had learned three things: 1) humitagin was a mutagen that turned mutants into humans. 2) the entire l population was made up of mutants. 3) rather than being unknown to the world, the Teenage Human Ninjas were celebrities. They were all drinking tea, and Teng Shen was telling embarrassing baby stories and showing pictures of her daughters, when the doors to the lab burst open. Four silhouettes came darting through. One picked Bree up, and she was so surprised that she dropped her porcelain teacup, causing it to shatter and spill tea everywhere.