Chapter 12: Backwards, Part 10

Everyone had a seat in the living room pit, and was being tended to by Donnie and Danyella.
Bree stood on the lip of the pit with her arms crossed in front of her chest. She had managed to get them to stop fighting (with Teng Shen's help, but she wouldn't admit that out loud) by pointing out that they were basically the same people. And that they were fighting a similar evil. She cleared her throat to get everyone's attention.

"Excuse me everyone but I have something to say. First off, y'all stink! I mean, why did you girls lock me in a cage, just to lure the turtles! Secondly, guys, why did you fight back harder than they did rather than trying to find a peaceful solution! Have you no shame?!? But... I'm young. I don't know much, but I do know one thing: there's no way we can get home without the girls' help. So can we please stop fighting?" She clasped her hands in front of her chest pleadingly. Everyone looked at each other, and their glares melted in to natural expressions, which Bree took as a baby step forward. Then Donnie and Danyella made her sit down so they could make sure that she was all right.

After Bree delivered her speech, Mikey sat with his chin in his hands, a dopey smile on his lips, and hearts literally dancing in his eyes. Maddy sat beside him, mocking his pose, but instead of heart eyes, she had a fangirl grin plastered on her face.

"You like her." She giggled. Mikey looked around to make sure she was talking to him, then pointed to himself, just to make sure. This made Maddy break out into a rambunctious laugh. "Yes you, silly! You like Bree! I TOTALLY ship it! Now all you need is a ship name. Let's see... Bikey? No. Mee? Uhhh! I'm so bad at this!" She stared off into the distance and said, "Readers, if you have any ship names for Mikey+Bree, please comment!" Then she went back to looking at Mikey and trying to come up with ship names. "Mikree?"
Mikey interrupted, " No no no no no NO!" Maddy didn't hear him. "OHHHH!! How about-"

Mikey wasn't having it. "No way dudette! Me and Bree are just... friends." There was a bit of uncertainty in the way he said 'friends' that made Maddy let out a skeptic
"Mm-hmm..."