Chapter~7 (You can go fucking skydiving without the parachute)

A/N: Guys! I'm giving y'all an early update because my exams are happening again and I don't know if I will have the timw to update!

I'm sorry but bare with me. Love y'all lots❤❤❤❤❤.

Dante's POV:

"You are no fun! Only if my daughter wasn't in school right now." Dad exclaimed dramatically while putting his hands on his heart.

"Sorry Dad. But I'm kind of busy with the Mafia Empire you handed me down." I said sarcastically earning a scowl from him.

"Your sister is the Tempest Queen and still know how to have fun along with running the largest mafia organization in the world." He compared me to Vanessa making me scowl at him.

"That girl is an alien! Do not compare me to a person who have been gifted with really high IQ and can do multitasking real quick." I said and the old guy just huffed.

"Pick up your god-damn phone Dad." I said as the phone keep ringing with his voice as ringtone shouting "Let's pee in the corner. Let's pee in the spotlight."

"It is your phone son. I may or may not have change your ringtone to the lyrics from 'Losing my religion' and I'm the one singing." He said with pride shining in his eyes.

" It is 'that's me in the corner. That's me in the spotlight' not what you are screaming instead of singing." I grumbled as I checked the caller id before picking it up.

"What is it Angelo?" I asked rubbing my temples.

"My English teacher wants to meet you and discuss something with you. So, come and meet her." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"Tell her that I will be there." I said grumpily.

"OK. See you!" He said and I hung up.

"What is it?" Dad asked intrigued.

"Angelo must have done something. His English teacher wants to meet me." I said as I arranged the files that I had to go through before opening another one.

"You know I'm proud of you, right? Even though it was my duty to be there for my children when they needed me the most, but it was you who looked after them. Hell, you were the one looking after me too." He said guiltily.

"We all were going through some shit Dad. It wasn't your fault. We all were grieving, and you did get yourself together. Now, let the past be in the past and not in the future." I said like it wasn't a big deal but deep down I know I would never be able to move on. I don't blame him. I never did. It is me to be blamed. It was me who couldn't protect her. It was me who have the ability to mess things up. It is me and it always will be me.

"Finally!" I sighed as I finally completed the last file. Dad had left a little earlier to annoy Lorenzo and Vincenzo as they were the only one home as I was too serious and boring for a 'man like him'.

"Now, I need to go to school" I said to myself as I placed my files neatly before straightening my suit.

I grab the keys to my Lamborghini before heading downstairs to leave.

*~•~*

I parked the car into a crowded parking lot gaining the attention of the kids.

I guess either it is a free period or school is almost over.

I stepped out of the car and took out my mobile before calling Angelo. He immediately picked up after the first ringing.

"I'm in the parking lot. Come outside." I said and instantly hung up without waiting for his response.