Chapter~39

New Update💞 Enjoy reading

Like

Comment

and follow

P.s. Constructive criticism is appreciated❤

Love y'all❤

Dante's POV:

Staring at her peacefully sleeping, with tears straining her face, I wonder, how she must have felt in that very moment. What she went through in the past and everything that bastard did to her, I can't understand or relate to her. 

From witnessing her hate concerning him, I merely have an idea how much she loathed him.

She needed this. Even though it was a side of hers, which she didn't interpret she had. It was all for the better.

Now she can sleep without the fear of him hurting her.

I have noticed how she's conscious about the scars on her body, which she doesn't need to. Her scars are the symbol of the fight she has survived to save herself. These are the achievements her body has gained fighting this world when they tried to bring her down. It represents her. They represent her bravery.  Indication that she's another survivor in the world of wickedness.

Another thing I never want to witness is seeing her in pain again. Seeing your dear ones in pain, it's the hardest fucking thing in this world. It was her who was in pain, but watching her made me feel her pain, anger and hatred. I felt it all like they were mine emotions. And they were not even a fraction of what she must have been feeling.

I stared at her for another minute. Kissing the crown of her head, I get up and went downstairs.

“How is she?” Vanessa asked as soon as I entered the kitchen. Her eyes glued to the laptop and file in front of her, while she was sipping her coffee with a straw.

“She is sleeping.” I answered. The fact that the answer was unknown to me too, and I'm her boyfriend.

“She will be zoning out a lot for the time being. Make sure you are there to divert her thoughts. Make her happy.” She stated, still not looking at me.

I nodded. It's sad how my sister too went through shit, and I wasn't even there for her. Now, when my girlfriend went through something similar, she is telling me what to do because she went through the same emotions and know what Charlotte will be facing.

“Where's everyone else?” I asked while heating the pizza.

“That pizza is rotten. I made pasta. It's in the container besides the stove. And everyone is at different places, asked me about someone particular if you want to know.” She told me.

“Where's Vince?” I asked while throwing the pizza. Who the fuck forgot to throw it out? Thank god Vanessa told me, otherwise I definitely would have gotten food poisoning.

“He went to meet his bride to be.” She answered.

“How is it going between the two of them?” I stretched. She has flown here from Greece just a week ago so that both of them could get to know each other a little before marrying.

“She loathes him. He irritates the fuck out of her and he is whipped, he just don't know he is whipped.” Vanessa stated, making me chuckle. I guess annoying genes, too, run in our family lineage.

“Where's dad?” I asked again. It's weird how she knows everything and is updated up to date.

“You don't want to know.” She scowled.