Chapter~23

Dante's POV:

“Did you shift somewhere else or is it the same apartment?” Charlotte asked as I turned the engine on and accelerated the car.

“Well, The apartment I used to invite you over wasn't my real home.” I answered honestly. I used to stay at my apartment to stay alone and Cece, has been the only one that I invited there.

Charlotte was about to say something when the blaring sound from my phone indicated that someone is calling me.

“Cece? Would you mind accepting the call and putting it on speaker?” I questioned looking straight on the road.

“Sure” Charlotte answers and did what I asked.

“Dante?” The familiar voice of my sister boomed from the other line.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Why the fuck are you ignoring my calls? I have been fucking calling you since yester-fucking-day!” I heard her hiss at me making me chuckle nervously.

“You threatened me to face my problems like a man, and that's what I wad doing. Fixing my mess.” I answered in hope to save myself from an earful lecture and freehand embarrassment in front of Charlotte.

“Yeah! But I didn't fucking say to not pick my damn calls up!” She calmly said, but I can detect the anger behind her voice because that's my sister we are talking about.

“I'm sorry.” I cheekily apologized and imagined her scowling her face.

“When are you coming back?” She muttered something, but I couldn't hear her clearly because of the loud screaming noises in the background.

“Vanessa? Where are you? ” I asked worriedly because no matter how strong and powerful she is, she is still my baby sister. Even though she acts more mature and smart than me.

“Wait!” She said and then I heard her snarl darkly “I will rip your tongue out if I hear another scream reaching my ears.”

I slowed down parking my car on the corner of the road and turned to stare at Charlotte whose mouth and eyes were wide open hearing the last sentence.

“So, I was saying come back home. I have a surprise for you” She spoke with a weird edge in her voice making me both curious in good and a bad way.

I know she won't do anything bad to me and I just hope it's not a bullet or stab wound as a surprise.

“I will be home.” I said, but she hung up on me without even listening.

“That was a unique way of conversation!” Charlotte exclaimed making me smile at her.

“Yeah, she is like that. She doesn't know how to show affection and pretends like she doesn't care.” I explained with a small smile at my sister's unique way of showing emotions.

“To be honest! She became my favourite student the first day she introduced herself.” Charlotte admitted earning a raised eyebrow from me.

“You know favouritism is wrong and specially when you are a teacher.” I whispered leaning towards her but jumped back as someone drove past us while pressing their car horn loudly.

“Haha! The look on your face!” Charlotte laughs at my reaction making me shake my head.

I turned on the engine again and began to drive.

I drive while the comfortable silence surrounded us. We both stayed quiet without talking or anything, but it didn't last long when Charlotte suddenly burst out laughing.