Chapter~30

New Update💞 Enjoy reading

Like

Comment

and follow

P.s. Constructive criticism is appreciated❤

Love y'all❤

Asher's POV:

I sat at the table along with David, who was constantly glaring at me while we waited for Charlotte. I ignored his glare and let my eyes scan the surroundings; there was a bar at one end of the club and just opposite, there was the dance floor filled with nothing but crowds of drunk and sweaty people, swaying to the music that played at a deafening volume which was giving me a headache.

"Tell me you didn't lie about Charlie calling us here! It was you who just wanted to come to the pub in the morning, am I right?" David scowled, still glaring daggers at me which would have made me dig a hole from fear, but knowing this cheeky bastard for years, I know he is just a teddy bear.

"What do you take me for? If I wanted to bring you here, I would have done that by knocking you unconscious, not by lying! You don't know me even after all these years." I scoffed with a disappointed dad face while shaking my head to the loud music that was playing.

"You do realize that whatever shit you spew out of your mouth doesn't even make sense? Would you have danced with my unconscious body then?" He stated, looking at me with the look that screamed, 'Where did I go wrong while raising him?' Huh? Bitch! I should be the one disappointed since I raised you wrong, not you.

"I see you both cleaned up nicely" I jumped startled as I failed to notice the presence of a person, whose mouth was near my ear, yelled.

"Holy crap Charlie! You gave me a heart attack" I whined with my hand on my heart while trying to calm my heartbeat.

At least, I raised her well! Sheesh, David, where did I go wrong?

"Shish! So, you finally remember that you have friends or something?" David questioned while I was busy taking in her appearance.

She was wearing a black shimmery sequin dress which ends her mid-thighs, a black leather jacket, and heeled boots with her hair down and lips painted with dark red lipstick, making her look enticing.

I did teach her good, didn't I? I thought to myself as a proud mama.

"I see my good fashion taste got to you! I'm feeling proud of myself." I complimented while patting my own back, giving myself some appreciation, but both of my friends decided to ignore my presence and continued their conversation.

I got some great friends right here, rolling my eyes I huffed.

"I didn't forget any of you, I just wanted some time for myself. My emotions were all over the place and I deserved some time for myself after everything." She answered, a strange look took over her face as she did so.

After noticing her expression, I decided to butt in and cheer the mood up.

"Charlie? A guy is checking you out. He's at the bar."

"I don't care" She stated, making me gasp.

"How can you not care? He's good-looking" I exclaimed earning a hard pinch on my hand, making me squeal in pain.

Why am I getting abused?

"I am here to catch up on everything with both of you and not for some random dude." She hissed, giving me a pointed look.