I should have protected her

Taehyung p.o.v:

I turned around to look at y/n. My heart sunk to the ground. She was lying on the ground lifeless, her face so pale. I bent down to her level as tears formed in my eyes. I checked her pulse, she was still alive. I need to get her to the hospital wing as soon as possible. I picked her up and carried her to the castle.

I could not take Marshmallow along. So I took my wand out and teleported her to our room. I wrapped the invisibility cloak around me and y/n and started walking. Once I reached the door to the hospital wing, I took the cloak off and opened the door. "Madam Pomfrey." I called out to the nurse who works in the hospital wing.

She came towards me and helped me to lay y/n down on one of the beds. "What happened to her?" She asked me as I thought of an excuse. But nothing came to my mind so just told her the truth. "W-well, u-um she was dueling and, she got hit by a light spark." I said as I was nervous, I mean she got hit by an unforgivable curse, so it could get us into trouble.

We are already in huge trouble for dueling in the middle of the night so, I don't want to get her or anyone else into trouble. After all, it was my idea to take her to the forbidden forest. I should have protected her.

"What spell was it?" Madam Pomfrey asked. "W-what?" I asked as I was still in deep thoughts and didn't hear what she asked me. "What was the spell that caused all of this?" She asked again. "U-um I d-don't know." I lied. She nodded and went back to treating y/n.

.

.

.

.

.

I was waiting on the other side of the hospital wing while y/n was getting treated on the other side. Madame Pomfrey tried to make me leave the hospital wing because students were not allowed to be in there while someone is getting treated, but I forced her to let me stay. She finally gave up and let me stay but only if I stayed on the other side of the wing. So here I am.

Finally, 30 minutes later, Madam Pomfrey came to me and told me that y/n will be waking up anytime in the next 24 hours. She walked out of the hospital wing leaving me and y/n alone.

I walked towards her bed and sat on the chair that was placed near her bed. I sat on the chair and held her hand. I felt myself tear up. If only I had been there, she would not have to go through all of this. It's my fault. I kept blaming myself as tears made their way down my face.

.

.

.

.

.

I woke up as I heard people talking and whispering. I realized that I was still in the hospital wing. I guess I fell asleep last night while staying with y/n. I looked in the direction where the talking noises came from. I saw Professor Snape and a few other students standing around a student. I got up from the chair and took a closer look, they were all surrounded around Irene. I guess they found her body in the forest and took her here.

I looked at y/n she was still unconscious. I got up and walked outside the hospital wing to go to our common room. I will change my clothes and then I'll come back here to look after y/n. On my way to the common room, I bumped into Jimin. "Hey, Tae, are you not going to class today?" He asked me as I shook my head as a 'no'. "I'll come to class only tomorrow, I have to go now. Bye" I said and went away from there before he could speak further.

I reached the common room and saw a very angry Yoongi on the couch. I tried to avoid him and walk to the room but he saw me. "Where the hell is my sister?" He asked as he clenched his jaw. I totally forgot to think of an excuse to tell to Yoongi.

SHIT.