Chapter sixteen

We wake up and continue our journey to walk. The whole day we stay silent, just walking. Whatever we just need to move. We arrive at a flat area which is huge but it's better then the sandy hills. We don't have water or food anymore which dehydrates us all.

We decide on sleeping on the hard ground for the night while thinking off the good times in the glade. Thomas wakes us up with urge and tells us to look at the mountains. We see some light from a building. At that moment we see the storm heading from the other side.

"It's an electric storm!" I yell. We all start running to the mountains and the building we could see. The storm is faster though so we need to avoid the lightning. We get to the building but Minho gets hit. I run back to him and get him up with Thomas and Frypan. We get inside and put him down.

"Minho! I refuse to leave you as well!" I say while shaking him. He groans and I sigh in relief while hugging him. He smiles and pets my back.

"Missed me that badly?" He asks smirking. We get him of the ground and I roll my eyes. The light turns on and we see cranks tight up to wall trying to attack us.

"I see you found our guard dogs, come follow me." A female voice sounds. "Or you can stay here." She adds. We look at each other and follow the girl through the building. We get into a room to see a man looking at us.

"Who are you?" He asks. Thomas steps forward and looks at us before answering his question.

"We come from WCKD, we escaped. We need to find the right arm." He says. The men turns around and smiles.

"Not gonna happen!" He says we get pulled away by some other men and our feet get tie up. We hang upside down above this pit. "I can easily sell you back to WCKD." He says before walking away.

"Push Summer to the lever!" Thomas says. Frypan starts pushing my towards it. He pushes again and I grab it. I take over the lever and get down a little. I untie my feet and stand up helping the others. That's when we realize the building gets attacked.

When everyone is free we wanna get out of there but someone stands in the way with a gun pointed on us. The gun fires but he is the one getting hurt. Behind him stands the girl who took us here in first place. For some reason Thomas follows her so we run behind him.

We get into the office and the men from earlier tells us to jump out of the window with him going first. It's a zipline which goes to the other side of the building. We use it and get there. Thomas and the girls are still out there. "They will get out! We need to get out now!" Jorge the men says.

We follow him while also trusting him and escape the building. When we're out of there we catch our breathe again. "Brenda and Thomas will get to Marcus, we need to go there too." Jorge says.

"Who the hell is Marcus?" Minho asks. Jorge ignore him and keeps on walking. We follow him.

"If the right arm is still out there, that's our way to go." Jorge says smiling. We just follow him into the streets.

"I don't know if I trust this men." Frypan whispers to me. I shake my head looking at Jorge.

"I don't know, he got us out of there." I reply softly.

"It's getting dark. Let's stay here for the night and tomorrow morning we'll get to Marcus." Jorge says.

We lay down on the ground and I snuggle up to Frypan. "You wish I was Gally don't you?" He asks.

"No, because then you would've been dead by now." I reply. "You're my best friend Fry, never let that change." I say.

"Never, we'll always be besties. We've been through too much to not be." He replies.

"Can you two please stop making such a flirty noice?" Jorge asks.

Frypan and I look at each other and nod smirking mischievously. "Fry, you ruined my chances on kissing Gally two times! Now I will never get that chance again!" I start screaming.

"What? No! I didn't do it on purpose!" He replies.

"You two I swear stop or I'll kill you myself!" Jorge groans. Frypan and I give each other a high five before starting to laugh. We soon fall asleep.