Chapter twelve

Everyone is under command of Gally. I tried talking to him but he won't listen anymore. He is just terrified and thinks this is the option. Everyone is ready to banish both Thomas and Teresa. He ties her up and Thomas lays unconscious on the ground.

Two boys pick up Thomas but he punches them and Newt, Minho and Frypan help him. They walk to the doors of the maze with Chuck following. "You're full of surprises aren't you?" Gally asks.

"Look we gotta get away from here! This is not our home Gally! We need to get out! Those grievers will come back until all of us are dead!" Thomas says.

"He just tries to make us scared!" Gally defends.

"No you're already scared, alright. I'm scared. But I rather risk my life out there then spend the rest of it in here." He says. Winston, Jeff and some others walk towards Thomas. I sigh and walk over there too.

"Summer?" Gally asks. I turn around tears forming my eyes. He looks at me hurt. "You're going too?"

"I'm sorry Gally! But Thomas is right! We can't spend the rest of our lives in here. This is not our home." I say.

"Yes it is! What do you think you'll find out there?" He asks. "If you follow him you'll die!"

"No! You're just terrified like everyone else Gally, terrified to leave the only place you can remember but if we don't leave now, we'll die." I say. "Just come with us!" I ask.

"Good luck against the grievers." He says holding back tears.

"Gally." I start but Frypan drags me with him. We run into the maze following Thomas. Tears streaming down my face. I can't believe I lost him.

We stop near a wall and Thomas looks for a second beyond it. "Is there a griever?" Chuck asks scared.

"Yes, just stay behind us Chuck." Thomas replies giving him the key to whatever is out there.

"Don't worry, stay with me Chuck." Teresa says. We all run up to the door and the griever. We start backing away the griever. Chuck drops the key but I scream to stay there. I slide underneath the griever and catch the key before it falls off the edge.

I throw it to Chuck. They get one griever off the edge but two more come up. They open the door and Minho gives them the code they need. The door opens but a griever gets me and yeets me behind it.

"Just go!" I scream. The door closes and the only griever still alive comes after me. At least they're safe. I think. I close my eyes, tears streaming down when the griever gets attacked by someone else.

"Gally?!" I scream. He pushes the griever down and looks at me. "Gally you've been stung!" I say. He ignores me and opens the door with another key. I follow him to a door which says exit on it. We get inside and he picks up a gun.

"Stop!" Gally screams holding the gun in his hand. The others turn around. I walk up to Gally slowly.

"Gally please, don't." I say but he ignores me again.

"We can't go out there!" He says. Teresa points out he's been stung again. "This is our home." Gally says. He points the gun to Thomas and shoots but Minho threw a spear to his heart. I catch him before he hits the ground. Tears again forming my eyes.

"Gally! Gally wake up please don't go!" Please!" I scream. The others look at Chuck who jumped in front of the bullet. Frypan squats down next to me.

I look at both Chuck and Gally. "Forget about Gally!" Minho says irritated.

"No! I loved him!" I scream still crying. They look at me shocked. Then all of a sudden the doors open of the laboratory were in. Soldiers run inside and pick me up to drag me away. I start screaming louder but it's no use.

They drop me inside of the helicopter and when everyone is inside it goes up. We see the whole maze but I don't care. I start crying again and Frypan holds me close against him rubbing my arm.

"You loved Gally?" Newt asks confused. "Why him?"

I can't form words so I just sob onto Frypan's shoulder.